Networking Foundations provides essential knowledge about designing, building, and maintaining a network. What you learn here will benefit you in the short term, as you acquire and practice your skills, and in the long term, as you use them. Topics covered include:
- Networking fundamentals
- The OSI networking model
- Network architectures
- File servers and network clients
- Physical and logical topologies
- Electrical issues in networking
- Network media and cabling devices
- Network standards and protocols
- LAN installation
- WAN basics
- Internet access
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: What Is Networking?.
Chapter 2: Communication Models.
Chapter 3: Network Architectures.
Chapter 4: Network Services and Software.
Chapter 5: Topologies.
Chapter 6: Electricity.
Chapter 7: Signaling.
Chapter 8: Network Media.
Chapter 9: Devices.
Chapter 10: Standards.
Chapter 11: Network Protocols.
Chapter 12: LAN Design.
Chapter 13: Network Management.
Chapter 14: WANs and Internet Access.
Appendix A Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix B Acronyms and Abbreviations.
Sign up now »
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
As users bring multiple devices to the workplace, IT departments need to have a single view of all their mobile devices. Find out how to build a secure and reliable ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia