MySQL and Java Developer's Guide (Java Open Source Library)
- Shows Java developers everything they need to know to build Java database applications with MySQL.
- Takes a hands-on, code-intensive approach in which readers will learn how to build a sophisticated Web database management application.
- Begins with a review of the fundamentals of MySQL.
- Explains using Java's JDBC with MySQL, as well as servlet and JSP programming with MySQL.
- Provides a code-rich tutorial on how to build the sample Java database application using EJBs.
- The companion Web site provides the full code examples plus links to useful sites.
JIM COLE is a senior software engineer specializing in Internet and knowledge management systems. He is an active developer, working in Java, C++, and MySQL.
JOSEPH D. GRADECKI is a senior software engineer working on enterprise-level securities processing systems. He has built numerous dynamic, enterprise applications using Java, MySQL, servlets, JSPs, Resin, XML, and more.
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
Chapter 1: An Overview of MySQL.
Chapter 2: JDBC and Connector/J.
Chapter 3: Working with MySQL SQL.
Chapter 4: Installing MySQL, Java, and Connector/J.
Chapter 5: Using JDBC with Java Applications and Applets.
Chapter 6: Achieving Advanced Connector/J Functionality with Servlets.
Chapter 7: MySQL Type Mapping.
Chapter 8: Transactions and Table Locking with Connector/J.
Chapter 9: Using Metadata.
Chpater 10: Connection Pooling with Connector/J.
Chapter 11: EJBs with MySQL.
Chapter 12: Building a General Interface for MySQL.
Chapter 13: Database Administration.
Chapter 14: Performance and Tuning.
Appendix A: MySQL Development and Test Environments.
Appendix B: Databases and Tables.
Appendix C: The JDBC API and Connector/J.
Appendix D: MySQL Functions and Operators.
Appendix E: Connector/J Late-Breaking Additions.
Sign up now »
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One