Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Integration Services Problem-design-solution
An authoritative guide to designing effective solutions for data cleansing, ETL, and file management with SQL Server 2008 Integration Services
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is the leading tool in the data warehouse industry, used for performing extraction, transformation, and load operations.
After an overview of SSIS architecture, the authors walk you a series of real-world problems and show various techniques for handling them.
- Shows you how to design SSIS solutions for data cleansing, ETL and file management
- Demonstrates how to integrate data from a variety of data sources,
- Shows how to monitor SSIS performance,
- Demonstrates how to avoid common pitfalls involved with SSIS deployment
- Explains how to ensure performance of the deployed solution and effectively handle unexpected system failures and outages
- The companion Web site provides sample code and database scripts that readers can directly implement
This book shows you how to design, build, deploy, and manage solutions to real-world problems that SSIS administrators and developers face day-to-day.
Erik Veerman is a Microsoft MVP for SQL Server and a mentor for Solid Quality Mentors. He is a coauthor of Professional SQL Server 2008/2005 Integration Services with Brian Knight.
Jessica M. Moss is a Microsoft MVP in SQL Server and a BI mentor, consultant, and trainer with Solid Quality Mentors.
Jay Hackney is a mentor and consultant for Solid Quality Mentors, who works with SSIS to provide data warehousing and ETL solutions.
Wrox Problem Design Solution references give you solid, workable solutions to real-world development problems. Each chapter is devoted to a different scenario, analyzing every problem, examining relevant design issues, and implementing the ideal solution.
Sign up now »
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Many organisations are evaluating a new security model based upon IT risk management best practices. This is a good idea, but not enough for today’s dynamic and malevolent threat landscape. ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia