Microsoft Office Excel 2007 Visual Quick Tips
- Straightforward task descriptions
- Succinct explanations
- Full-color screen shots
- Numbered steps
Learn How To:
- Add comments and styles to worksheets
- Sort and filter complex data
- Import, export, and hyperlink content
Table of Contents
Name Cells and Ranges.
Validate with a Validation List.
Validate with Data Entry Rules.
Extend a Series with AutoFill.
Insert Symbols and Special Characters.
Hide Rows by Grouping and Outlining.
Add Comments to a Worksheet.
Let Excel Read Back Data.
Chapter 2: Working with Formulas and Functions.
Calculate with the Function Wizard.
Define a Constant.
Create Formulas That Include Names.
Figure Out Loan Terms.
Determine the Internal Rate of Return.
Determine the nth Largest Value.
Create a Conditional Formula.
Calculate a Conditional Sum.
Add a Calculator.
Find Products and Square Roots.
Perform Time Calculations.
Perform Date Calculations.
Chapter 3: Copying, Formatting, and More.
Check Formulas for Errors.
Change Text to Numbers and Then Calculate.
Convert a Row to a Column.
Copy with the Office Clipboard.
Specify How to Paste with Paste Special.
Create Your Own Style.
Copy Styles to Another Workbook.
Conditionally Format a Worksheet.
Track Changes While Editing.
Chapter 4: Manipulating Records.
Enter Data with a Form.
Filter Duplicate Records.
Perform Simple Sorts and Filters.
Perform Complex Sorts.
Perform Complex Filters.
Filter by Multiple Criteria in the Same Column.
Subtotal Sorted Data.
Chart Filtered Data Easily.
Count Filtered Records.
Look Up Information in a Worksheet.
Define Data as a Table.
Modify a Table Style.
Chapter 5: Exploring Patterns in Data.
Create a PivotTable.
Modify PivotTable Data and Layout.
Compute Sub- and Grand Totals.
Create a Calculated Field.
Hide Columns or Rows in a PivotTable.
Sort a PivotTable.
Create a PivotChart.
Describe Data with Statistics.
Find the Correlation Between Variables.
Explore Outcomes with What-If Analysis.
Optimize a Result with Goal Seek.
Chapter 6: Creating Charts.
Create a Chart That Has Visual Appeal.
Add Chart Details.
Change the Chart Type.
Add a Trendline to a Chart.
Add and Remove Chart Data.
Add Error Bars.
Create a Histogram.
Chapter 7: Presenting Worksheets.
Format Quickly with Format Painter.
Insert Shapes into a Worksheet.
Insert Text Boxes into a Worksheet.
Insert Photographs into a Worksheet.
Arrange the Graphics in a Worksheet.
Insert a Background Image.
Take a Picture of a Worksheet.
Chapter 8: Protecting, Saving, and Printing.
Protect a Worksheet.
Save a Workbook as a Template.
Choose a Format when Saving a Workbook.
Print Multiple Areas of a Worksheet.
Print Multiple Worksheets from a Workbook.
Chapter 9: Extending Excel.
Paste Link into Word or PowerPoint.
Embed a Worksheet.
Hyperlink a Worksheet.
Query a Website.
Import a Text File.
Import an Access Database.
Query an Access Database.
Reuse a Saved Query.
Export a Worksheet to Access.
Chapter 10: Customizing Excel.
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
Work with Multiple Windows.
Save Time by Creating a Custom View.
Create a Custom Number Format.
Automate a Worksheet with Macros.
Create an Icon to Run a Macro.
Sign up now »
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
As the era of “Big Data” marches on unabated, data is coming from an ever wider range of sources, including transactional systems, mobile devices, sensors, streaming media, and social networks. ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Malware roundup: Tiffany's, Tibetans, iOs are targeted
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Layered defenses largely fail to block exploits, says NSS
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia