Mastering Network Security 2E
Expertise is what makes hackers effective. It's what will make you effective, too, as you fight to keep them at bay. Mastering Network Security has been fully updated to reflect the latest developments in security technology, but it does much more than bring you up to date. More importantly, it gives you a comprehensive understanding of the threats to your organization's network and teaches you a systematic approach in which you make optimal use of the technologies available to you. Coverage includes:
- Understanding security from a topological perspective
- Configuring Cisco router security features
- Selecting and configuring a firewall
- Configuring Cisco's PIX firewall
- Configuring an intrusion detection system
- Providing data redundancy
- Configuring a Virtual Private Network
- Securing your wireless network
- Implementing authentication and encryption solutions
- Recognizing hacker attacks
- Detecting and eradicating viruses
- Getting up-to-date security information
- Locking down Windows NT/2000/XP servers
- Securing UNIX, Linux, and FreBSD systems
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: A Systems Analysis Approach to Information Technology.
Chapter 2: Security as a Process.
Chapter 3: Understanding How Network Systems Communicate.
Chapter 4: Topology Security.
Chapter 5: Firewalls.
Chapter 6: Cisco?s PIX Firewall.
Chapter 7: Intrusion Detection Systems.
Chapter 8: Authentication and Encryption.
Chapter 9: Virtual Private Networking.
Chapter 10: Viruses, Trojans, and Worms.
Chapter 11: Disaster Prevention and Recovery.
Chapter 12: The Wide World of Windows.
Chapter 13: Unix-Based Systems.
Chapter 14: The Anatomy ofan Attack.
Chapter 15: Security Resources.
Appendix A: Operating System Security Checklists.
Appendix B: Sample Network Usage Policy.
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
Many organisations are evaluating a new security model based upon IT risk management best practices. This is a good idea, but not enough for today’s dynamic and malevolent threat landscape. ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Chinese hackers resume attacks on U.S. targets
- Govt asks industry for help to stem security breaches
- Peculiar malware trail raises questions about security firm in India
- Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins, report says
- Facebook, financial firms targeted by online maurauders