Mastering Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Premium Edition
This Premium Edition of Mastering FrontPage 2002 is the most complete FrontPage book you'll find anywhere, designed to teach you everything you need to know to get the most out of the world's most efficient Web development application. Seasoned Web developer and columnist Molly Holzschlag shows you the key design principles that contribute to a successful site, and popular author and Microsoft applications expert Peter Weverka guides you through the FrontPage techniques that will enable you to realize your design objectives quickly and easily.
* Ensuring compatibility with different browsers
* Positioning graphics on Web pages
* Minimizing the load time for your Web pages
* Implementing counters, search engines, and other components
* Saving time and effort with style sheets and Cascading Style Sheets
* Publishing your Web site to the Internet
* Using ActiveX programming techniques
* Linking your site to a back-end database
* Maintaining and promoting your Web site
* Using FrontPage server extensions and SharePoint team services to create a dynamic site for your company
* Writing and implementing CGI and Perl scripts
An author, instructor, and designer, Molly E. Holzschlag brings her enthusiasm to books, classrooms, and Web sites. Honored as one of the "Top 25 Most Influential Women on the Web," Molly has spent a decade working in the online world. Her popular column "Integrated Design" appears monthly in Web Techniques magazine, and she contributes regularly to numerous Web developer sites.
Table of Contents
Part I: Building Basic FrontPage Web Sites.
Chapter 1: Introduction to Web Design.
Chapter 2: Exploring FrontPage 2002.
Chapter 3: Working in Page View.
Chapter 4: Creating Basic Pages.
Chapter 5: All about Text.
Chapter 6: Fantastic Fonts.
Chapter 7: Managing Tasks.
Chapter 8: Publishing Your Pages.
Part II: Creating Sophisticated Designs.
Chapter 9: Designing Graphics for the Web.
Chapter 10: Adding Multimedia.
Chapter 11: Using Tables for Advanced Layout.
Chapter 12: Fantastic Frames.
Chapter 13: Getting in Style with Cascading Style Sheets.
Chapter 14: Making Interactive Pages with Forms.
Chapter 15: Special Effects.
Chapter 16: Cross-Browser Design.
Part III: Advanced Web Graphic Design.
Chapter 17: 8Understanding Advanced Web Design.
Chapter 18: Working with Professional Graphics Programs.
Chapter 19: Creating Advanced Sites with FrontPage.
Part IV: Taking Your Web Site to the Top.
Chapter 20: Integrating Sites with Microsoft Office.
Chapter 22: Specialty Programming Techniques.
Chapter 23: Adding Databases for Maximum Impact.
Chapter 24: Site Maintenance and Promotion.
Part V: Back-End Applications and Professional Management.
Chapter 25: Server Extensions and SharePoint Team Services.
Chapter 26: Understanding CGI.
Chapter 27: Using Active Server Pages.
Chapter 28: Databases in Detail.
Chapter 29: Using FrontPage with Microsoftճ Visual InterDev.
Part VI: Step-by-Step FrontPage Sites.
Chapter 30: Creating a Personal Web Page.
Chapter 31: Designing a Small-Business Web Site.
Chapter 32: Building a Community Site.
Chapter 33: Constructing and Managing a Large-Scale Site.
Appendix A: Configuring FrontPage 2002.
Appendix B: Setting Up Web Servers.
Appendix C: Installing and Testing Network Connections.
Appendix D: Using the Microsoft Clip Organizer.
Appendix E: HTML Reference.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
Organizations that are looking for security features including identity management, encryption and access control — and at the same time want to take advantage of the cost and flexibility benefits ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB