Mastering AutoCAD 2002 (Includes CD-ROM)
Mastering AutoCAD 2002, the fully updated edition of Omura's classic, continues to be your one-stop authority on the latest release of AutoCAD. If you're new to this powerful design tool, you'll get started using AutoCAD right away thanks to the tutorial approach and step-by-step instruction. If you're an experienced user, you'll benefit from in-depth explanations of AutoCAD's newest and most advanced features, including database connectivity, support for splines and polylines, and 3D modeling and rendering. No matter what your experience level or how you use AutoCAD, this is an indispensable resource that you'll keep on your desk and refer to again and again.
* Finding your way around the AutoCAD interface
* Creating and developing an AutoCAD drawing
* Managing your drawing projects
* Controlling your drawings' printed output
* Improving your efficiency and precision
* Aligning points with existing elements
* Previewing your drawings using WYSIWYG plotting
* Discovering hidden or hard-to-find features
* Working with multiple documents
* Mastering the 3D modeling and rendering process
* Customizing AutoCAD
* Collaborating with others on large AutoCAD projects
* Taking advantage of AutoCAD's Internet features
* Linking drawings to databases and spreadsheets
* Combining tools to accomplish complex tasks
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Basics.
Chapter 1: This Is AutoCAD.
Chapter 2: Creating Your First Drawing.
Chapter 3: Learning the Tools of the Trade.
Chapter 4: Organizing Your Work.
Part 2: Building on the Basics.
Chapter 5: Editing for Productivity.
Chapter 6: Enhancing Your Drawing Skills.
Chapter 7: Printing and Plotting.
Chapter 8: Adding Text to Drawings.
Chapter 9: Using Dimensions.
Part 3: Becoming an Expert.
Chapter 10: Storing and Linking Data with Graphics.
Chapter 11: Working with Paper Drawings and Raster Images.
Chapter 12: Advanced Editing Methods.
Chapter 13: Drawing Curves and Solid Fills.
Chapter 14: Getting and Exchanging Data from Drawings.
Part 4: Modeling and Imaging in 3D.
Chapter 15: Introducing 3D.
Chapter 16: Using Advanced 3D Features.
Chapter 17: 3D Rendering in AutoCAD.
Chapter 18: Mastering 3D Solids.
Part 5: Customization and Integration.
Chapter 19: Introduction to Customization.
Chapter 20: Sharing Drawings over the Internet.
Chapter 21: Managing and Sharing Your Drawings.
Appendix A: Hardware and Software Tips.
Appendix B: Installing and Setting Up AutoCAD.
Sign up now »
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
As users bring multiple devices to the workplace, IT departments need to have a single view of all their mobile devices. Find out how to build a secure and reliable ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Microsoft may be scanning your Skype messages
- Researchers find critical vulnerabilities in popular game engines
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB