Master Visually Windows Vista
* Handling new, upgrade, or dual-boot installation
* Using the new desktop and start menu
* Creating toolbars and changing display settings
* Managing the firewall and antivirus software
* Installing CD and DVD burners
* Working with the new productivity features
* "Master It" sidebars answer questions and present shortcuts
* High-resolution screen shots demonstrate each task
* Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
* Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules
Table of Contents
1) Preparing for Installation.
2) Installing Windows Vista.
3) Customizing and Updating Windows Vista.
Part II: Managing the Desktop Environment.
4) Using the Windows Vista Interface.
5) Customizing the Desktop.
6) Managing Users.
7) Managing Files and Folders.
8) Managing Security.
Part III: Mastering Multimedia with Windows Vista.
9) Managing Your Music with Windows Media Player 11.
10) Working with Multimedia Hardware.
11) Creating Digital Content with Windows Vista.
12) Enjoying Digital Entertainment with Media Center.
Part IV: Using Windows Vista Productivity Features.
13) Getting Familiar with Windows Mail.
14) Discovering Windows Calendar.
15) Making Use of Windows Vista Fax and Scan Features.
Part V: Networking with Windows Vista.
16) Networking and the Internet.
17) Exploring Internet Explorer 7.
18) Working with Network Services.
19) Working with Internet Information Service Components.
20) Integrating with Active Directory.
Part VI: Managing the Hardware Environment.
21) Working with Windows Internals.
22) Working with Hard Drives.
23) Managing Portable Computers.
24) Optimizing Performance.
25) Troubleshooting Windows Vista.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Take an in-depth look at the evolution of android malware. The world of malware targeting the Android OS is similar yet very different from malware affecting Windows. Explore the rapidly ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia