Junos for Dummies®
Now, you can go inside JUNOS software and understand everything you need to know about operating a network with JUNOS. You’ll learn how the control plane handles packet delivery and establishes traffic policies and see how a single network operating system can add stability and reliability while saving administrative time. Plus, you’ll find out how to set up a routing protocol that automates configuration of routing tables for greater efficiency and how you can set up individual or group user accounts locally on the route, or on remote centralized authentication servers. By the time you finish this book, you’ll know how to:
- Work with the JUNOS network operating system
- Set up and configure a Juniper router
- Connect, manage, and troubleshoot routers and other Juniper appliances
- Make your network more efficient
- Configure JUNOS default security features as well as restricted physical access to protect routers
- Solve hardware, software, interface, and router problems
- Integrate JUNOS with other systems
Complete with lists of the most useful commands, IOS-JUNOS command conversions, and the best place to seek additional help, JUNOSFor Dummies is your one-stop guide to getting started with and mastering JUNOS.
Table of Contents
Part I: Exploring JUNOS Software.
Chapter 1: Getting Familiar with JUNOS Software.
Chapter 2: Operating Your Network with JUNOS Software.
Chapter 3: Switching to JUNOS.
Chapter 4: Ramping Up to Routing.
Chapter 5: Locking-in on JUNOS Software Security and High Availability.
Part II: Working with JUNOS.
Chapter 6: Getting to Know Command-Line Interface Essentials.
Chapter 7: Setting Up the Routers.
Chapter 8: Setting Up the Network.
Chapter 9: Adding Security.
Chapter 10: Setting Up the Switches.
Part III: Deploying JUNOS.
Chapter 11: Managing Remotely.
Chapter 12: Configuring Interfaces.
Chapter 13: Working with Border Gateway Protocol (BGP).
Chapter 14: Working with Routing Policies.
Chapter 15: Enabling Class of Service (COS).
Chapter 16: Using MPLS.
Chapter 17: Configuring Tunnels for Secure Packet Exchange.
Part IV: Managing JUNOS Software.
Chapter 18: Monitoring Your Network.
Chapter 19: Troubleshooting Your Network.
Chapter 20: JUNOScripting.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: The Ten Most Used Categories of JUNOS Commands.
Chapter 22: The Ten Best Places to Get Help.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
Integrated Computing Platforms, such as EMC VSPEX RAs, provide a solution by eliminating the time (and cost) of designing, testing, and engineering integrated environments with components built independently of one ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia