Learn to use these powerful tools together and build Web sites that work
Manage complexity use functions, arrays, and objects to create more sophisticated programs
Page magic discover how to control what happens on your pages, animate objects, and put pages in motion
Get beautiful Use the jQuery User Interface library to add sliders, tabbed interfaces, and custom dialogs to a site
Come clean with AJAX build AJAX requests into your programs, use jQuery, and work with AJAX data
Open the book and find:
- How to choose a test browser
How to discuss string concatenation with a straight face
Tips for debugging your code
How to add useful information to a dropdown list
Why AJAX connections should be asynchronous
The exciting possibilities of the jQuery library
How to use the Aptana editor
Andy Harris is a lecturer in computer science at Indiana University/Purdue University at Indianapolis. He was instrumental in developing the university's certificate program in applied computer science and has taught courses in Web development as well as several programming languages.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
Cloud computing promises to help midmarket companies reduce cost and complexity in the IT equation – and gain the flexibility and agility they need to thrive. Yet charting a clear ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia