Java in 60 Minutes a Day
- Shows readers how to use Java to harness the power of object-oriented programming
- Includes thirty one-hour lessons that recreate a typical week-long introductory seminar
- Focuses on the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE)
- Helps readers to develop skills that are critical to many Web services scenarios
- The author was one of the first Sun Certified Instructors and has since taught Java to thousands of developers
- Companion Web site features an online presentation by the author that follows along with each chapter and includes an audio-only option for readers with dial-up Internet connection
Table of Contents
About the Author.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Java.
Chapter 2: Java Fundamentals.
Chapter 3: Control Structures.
Chapter 4: Classes and Objects.
Chapter 5: Methods.
Chapter 6: Understanding Inheritance.
Chapter 7: Advanced Java Language Concepts.
Chapter 8: Polymorphism and Abstraction.
Chapter 9: Collections.
Chapter 10: Interfaces.
Chapter 11: Exception Handling.
Chapter 12: An Introduction to GUI Programming.
Chapter 13: GUI Components and Event Handling.
Chapter 14: Applets.
Chapter 15: Threads.
Chapter 16: Input and Output.
Chapter 17: Network Programming.
Chapter 18: Database Programming.
Chapter 19: JavaBeans.
Appendix: About the 60 Minutes Web Site.
Sign up now »
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia