IPod Touch for Dummies®
The perfect full-color guide to the iPod touch for both Mac and Windows users
Your iPod touch can do so many things. With this full-color guide, you can get hip to all your iPod touch has to offer and take full advantage of the iTunes store and the App Store, as well.
You'll start by learning how to manage the multi-touch interface and setting up iTunes. Then you'll discover how to connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi, receive and send e-mail, get directions and use maps, play games, download and watch movies, shop for cool new apps at the App Store, and much more.
- Starts with the basics of setting up and using the iPod touch, richly illustrated in full color
- Covers listening to music, synchronizing your data, working with the calendar, setting up iTunes, and getting online via Wi-Fi
- Shows how to send and receive e-mail, shop for movies and music at the iTunes Store, browse the Web, share photos, download and watch movies and TV shows, and download apps from the App Store
- Explains how to use your iPod touch as a portable game console and how to manage your contacts and to-do lists
- Also covers protecting your information and troubleshooting
iPod touch For Dummies helps you make the most of this amazing device that combines a widescreen iPod with touch controls, a portable game console, and a breakthrough Internet device.
Tony Bove has written more than two dozen computer books, including all editions of iPod & iTunes For Dummies. Tony is also a professional musician. He blogs and offers tips about iPods, iPhones, iTunes, and the iLife applications at www.tonybove.com.
Table of Contents
Part I: Touching All the Basics.
Chapter 1: Powering Up Your iPod touch.
Chapter 2: Putting Your Finger On It.
Chapter 3: Clocking, Locking, and Personalizing.
Part II: Filling Up Your Empty Cup.
Chapter 4: Exploring iTunes and the Online Store.
Chapter 5: Into the Sync with iTunes.
Chapter 6: Syncing Your Day in the Life.
Part III: Playing It Back with Interest.
Chapter 7: The Songs Remain the Same.
Chapter 8: Bring Videos, Books, and Podcasts.
Chapter 9: Your Pocket Picture Player.
Part IV: Touching the Online World.
Chapter 10: Surfi n’ Safari.
Chapter 11: The Postman Always Beeps Once.
Chapter 12: Earth, Wind, and Finance.
Part V: Staying in Touch and Up-to-Date.
Chapter 13: A Day in the Social Life.
Chapter 14: Resetting, Updating, and Restoring.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 15: Ten Tangible Tips.
Chapter 16: Ten Apps That Shook the iPod World.
Sign up now »
- FTTest Manager - IMMEDIATE STARTNSW
- FTSenior Projects EngineerNSW
- FTSnr Web Developer PHP/Magento/API integration into E-commerce sites. $100k+SuperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Field Engineer - MSNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Account Manager - MSP + CloudVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior E-Commerce PHP Developer- North Sydney- E-commerce Software $110kNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
Virtualised datacentres, desktops, and cloud computing should be secured by the same strong protection technologies as physical machines. However, traditional agent-based solutions that are not architected for virtualisation can result ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins, report says
- Facebook, financial firms targeted by online maurauders
- Pressure mounts for building in security during application development
- The week in security: Aussie banks targeted as mobiles drive privacy fears
- Bank trojan targets users of Bitcoin exchange Mt Gox