Iphone Game Development
A technical and business guide to creating and selling iPhone games
If you've always wanted to develop a cool iPhone game application and sell it for big bucks, this book is for you. iPhone Game Development covers all technical and commercial bases, from how to sign up for the Apple Development Program, master the development tools in the iPhone SDK, publish your game to the App Store, and convince people to buy it.
You'll find full coverage of Cocoa Touch and other great features of the iPhone SDK, plus pages of real-world examples with step-by-step explanations. The book also includes loads of royalty-free code you can use for commercial development.
- Apple's iPhone is not only a mobile phone, it's also a game platform rivaling big names like Nintendo and Sony; anyone can sign up for the Apple Developer Program and publish their works to the App Store
- This hip book written by two successful gamers with over a decade of game development experience will teach you both the technical and business aspects of developing and publishing a game to the App Store, plus how to convince end-users to buy it
- Includes examples with step-by-step explanations of actual games and apps currently on the App Store
- A Companion Web site provides royalty-free code from the samples in the book, which you can use to jumpstart your own game development
Save weeks of development time with the expert guidance you'll find in iPhone Game Development!
Chris Craft and Jamey McElveen are the founders of the popular iPhone development site, http://appsamuck.com. Chris Craft is a software architect with ten years of experience in developing mobile software solutionsincluding applications, games, and utilitiesfor Windows Mobile, Palm, and iPhone. Jamey McElveen is a lead software architect with twelve years of experience. He joined the iPhone Developer Program early and has also been developing applications since day one for the iTunes App Store.
Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
The Cloud isn’t about locality. It is about quality of service delivery, cost, and whether the services consumed satisfy our objectives. For the enterprise, you need to select the right ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One