Illustrator Cs3 Bible
The new CS3 version of Illustrator is light years beyond previous versions, and whether you're a novice or veteran designer, you'll want to get quickly up to speed on this powerful new tool. With clear explanations and plenty of examples, Adobe insider Ted Alspach reveals the secrets on how to best use Illustrator CS3 for Web graphics, integrate it with the rest of the Creative Suite, work in 3D—and above all, why it's such a radical step up from CS2. Tap the power of Illustrator CS3 for your projects with this in-depth guide from an industry expert.
- Use Live Color to get color options you never had before
Integrate Illustrator CS3 seamlessly with Photoshop and Flash
Quickly start new documents with preset profiles
Work easily with transparency, fonts, styles, and effects
Get more out of Illustrator with hundreds of tips and tricks
Learn about scripting and Web graphics generation for online design
Customize the Illustrator workspace
Generate color sets with Live Color
Create graphics for the Web
Table of Contents
Part I: Illustrator Basics.
What’s New in Illustrator CS3?
Understanding Illustrator’s Desktop.
Working with Illustrator Documents.
Understanding Drawing and Painting Techniques.
Creating Objects, Graphs, and Symbols.
Learning How to Select and Edit.
Understanding Color, Gradients, and Mesh.
Part II: Putting Illustrator to Work.
Using Illustrator to Organize Objects.
Working with Type.
Using Creative Strokes and Fills with Patterns.
Applying Transformations and Distortions.
Using Path Blends, Compound Paths, and Masks.
Using Live Trace.
Using Live Paint.
Part III: Mastering Illustrator.
Working with Graphic Styles, Filters, and Effects.
Creating 3-D in Illustrator.
Customizing and Automating Illustrator.
Part IV: Getting Art Out of Illustrator.
Understanding PostScript and Printing.
Creating Web Graphics.
Appendix: Shortcuts in Illustrator CS3.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
The results of PwC’s annual Global Information Security Survey indicate that companies are confident in their efforts to secure systems, information, and privacy. Strategies and personnel are in place, they ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One
- Dell targets ANZ security opportunities as SecureWorks debuts locally