- The first book to unlock the true power behind Gmail, Hacking Gmail will immediately appeal to Google and Gmail fans
- This is serious, down-and-dirty, under-the-hood, code-level hacking that will have readers eliminating the default settings, customizing appearance, disabling advertising, and taking control over their Gmail accounts
- Covers turning Gmail into an online hard drive for backing up files, using it as a blogging tool, and even creating customized Gmail tools and hacks
- Shows readers how to check their Gmail without visiting the site; use Gmail APIs in Perl, Python, PHP, and other languages, or create their own; and maximize Gmail as a host for message boards, photo galleries, even a blog
As an Englishman of the clichéd sort, Ben’s angle brackets always balance, and his tweed is always pressed. He’s not worn trousers for six months now. Ask him about it sometime.
Table of Contents
Part I: Starting to Use Gmail.
Chapter 1: Desktop Integration.
Chapter 2: Integrating Your Existing Mail.
Chapter 3: Gmail Power Tips.
Part II: Getting Inside Gmail.
Chapter 4: Skinning Gmail.
Chapter 5: How Gmail Works.
Chapter 6: Gmail and Greasemonkey.
Chapter 7: Gmail Libraries.
Chapter 8: Checking for Mail.
Chapter 9: Reading Mail.
Chapter 10: Sending Mail.
Part III: Conquering Gmail.
Chapter 11: Dealing with Labels.
Chapter 12: Addressing Addresses.
Chapter 13: Building an API from the HTML-Only Version of Gmail.
Chapter 14: Exporting Your Mail.
Chapter 15: Using Gmail to.
Chapter 16: Using GmailFS.
Appendix: Long Code Listings.
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
More and more business applications are being created by “citizen developers” - end users who are not IT developers but who create solutions for themselves and their groups. This white ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB