Group Policy, Profiles, and Intellimirror for Windows 2003, Windows Xp, and Windows 2000, Third Edition
- Network administrators can streamline Windows Server 2000 and 2003 management by grouping policy settings to monitor and regulate users and the network's computers; Group Policy concepts and tools allow them to enforce rules and automate processes
- Revised for Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Windows XP SP2 with new material, including extensive coverage of network security
- Provides background information for planning, creating, and applying Group Policy settings and offers extensive coverage of troubleshooting techniques
- Includes ready-to-use scripts to automate routine administration tasks
About the Series
The Mark Minasi Windows Administrator Library Library is designed to equip system administrators with in-depth technical solutions to the many challenges associated with administering Windows in an enterprise setting. The series editor is leading Windows NT/2003 expert Mark Minasi, who selects the topics and authors, and develops and reviews each book to ensure that every entry in the series meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Group Policy Essentials.
Chapter 2: Managing Group Policy with the GPMC.
Chapter 3: Group Policy Processing Behavior.
Chapter 4: Troubleshooting Group Policy.
Chapter 5: Windows ADM Templates.
Chapter 6: Implementing Security with Group Policy.
Chapter 7: Scripting GPMC Operations.
Chapter 8: Profiles: Local, Roaming, and Mandatory.
Chapter 9: IntelliMirror, Part 1: Redirected Folders, Offline Files, Synchronization Manager, and Disk Quotas.
Chapter 10: IntelliMirror, Part 2: Software Deployment via Group Policy.
Chapter 11: Beyond IntelliMirror: Shadow Copies and Remote Installation Services.
Appendix A: Group Policy Tools.
Sign up now »
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
Storage systems today must match agility with diversified I/O performance to satisfy an enterprise’s changing needs. In their review, Silverton Consulting ranks the NetApp FAS6240 Clustered SAN, as an Enterprise ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM