Geeks on Call Pc's: 5-Minute Fixes
PCs have evolved dramatically, and as they've grown more powerful and versatile, they've also become more complex. No doubt there have been times when you were sure the PC was running the show, not you. Geeks On Call can put you back in charge. Here are simple and straightforward ways to understand your PC, step-by-step directions for diagnosing and solving problems, secrets for making your PC behave, and ways to have more fun.
* Learn your PC's CPU speed, RAM, and hard drive size
* Decide what you need to upgrade
* Replace outdated hardware and add new features
* Know what to look for in a new PC
* Make your PC more efficient
* Add fun with multimedia devices
* Identify and fix common problems
* Troubleshoot online issues
Geeks On Call(r) is the premier provider of on-site computer services. The certified, trained and tested technicians from Geeks On Call provide expert computer installation and networking services, on-site repairs, security solutions and system upgrades for residential and commercial customers numbering in the hundreds of thousands each year. Founded in 1999, Geeks On Call began franchising in 2001. For more information, call 1-800-905-GEEK or visit www.geeksoncall.com. Geeks On Call franchises are independently owned and operated.
(c)2005 Geeks On Call America, Inc.
James T. Geier (Yellow Springs, OH) is the founder of Wireless-Nets, Ltd. He has 20 years consulting experience in computer technology systems for small businesses, including authoring several books and has written hundreds of articles for various industry publications.
Eric Geier (Fairborn, Ohio) is a consultant of Wireless-Nets, Ltd. He runs focus group testing for computer technology and has developed several hands-on CBT training courses.
Table of Contents
1. Analyzing Your PC.
2. Upgrading Your PC.
3. Buying a New PC.
4. Connecting to the Internet.
5. Installing Peripherals.
6. Using Digital Music Players.
8. Microsoft Word.
9. Mircosoft Excel.
10. Microsoft Outlook.
11. Microsoft Works 8.
Sign up now »
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
This research paper presents findings on APT-related spear phishing from February to September 2012. We analysed APT-related spear-phishing emails collected throughout this period to understand and mitigate attacks. The information ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia