Expert SQL Server 2005 Integration Services
Erik Veerman (SQL Server MVP, MCT, MCDBA) is a Mentor for Solid Quality Learning focusing on training, mentoring, and architecting solutions on the SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) platform. His industry recognition includes Microsoft’s Worldwide BI Solution of the Year and SQL Server Magazine’s Innovator Cup winner. He has designed dozens of BI solutions across a broad business spectrum—telecommunications, marketing, retail, commercial real estate, finance, supply chain, and information technology. His experience with high-volume, multi-terabyte environments and SQL Server 64-bit has enabled clients to scale their Microsoft-based BI solutions for optimal potential. As an expert in OLAP design, ETL processing, and dimensional modeling, he is a presenter, author, and instructor. He led the ETL architecture and design for the first production implementation of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and helped drive the ETL standards and best practices for SSIS on Microsoft’s SQL Server 2005 reference initiative (Project REAL). He also co-authored Professional SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (Wiley Publishing, 2006). As a resident of Atlanta, Georgia, Erik is a leader of the local Atlanta SQL Server User’s Group, a PASS and INETA user group chapter.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Getting Started.
Chapter 2: Extending Scripts in SSIS.
Chapter 3: Data Extraction.
Chapter 4: Dimension ETL with SSIS.
Chapter 5: Fact Table ETL.
Chapter 6: Processing Analysis Services Objects with SSIS.
Chapter 7: Package Reliability.
Chapter 8: Deployment.
Chapter 9: Managing SSIS.
Chapter 10: Handling Heterogeneous and Unusual Data.
Chapter 11: Migrating from DTS to SSIS.
Chapter 12: Scaling SSIS.
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
Messaging and collaboration platforms have emerged as mission critical applications, consuming a large portion of IT spending for organisations. The rich features in these applications have significantly changed the messaging ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia