Excel 2007 VBA Programming for Dummies
Harness the power of VBA and create custom Excel applications
Make Excel 2007 work for you! This clear, nonintimidating guide shows you how to use VBA to create Excel apps that look and work the way you want. Packed with plenty of sample programs, it explains how to work with range objects, control program flow, develop custom dialog boxes, create custom toolbars and menus, and much more.
Discover how to
* Grasp essential programming concepts
* Use the Visual Basic(r) Editor
* Navigate the new Excel user interface
* Communicate with your users
* Deal with errors and bugs
Table of Contents
Part I: Introducing VBA.
Chapter 1: What Is VBA?
Chapter 2: Jumping Right In.
Part II: How VBA Works with Excel.
Chapter 3: Working In the Visual Basic Editor.
Chapter 4: Introducing the Excel Object Model.
Chapter 5: VBA Sub and Function Procedures.
Chapter 6: Using the Excel Macro Recorder.
Part III: Programming Concepts.
Chapter 7: Essential VBA Language Elements.
Chapter 8: Working with Range Objects.
Chapter 9: Using VBA and Worksheet Functions.
Chapter 10: Controlling Program Flow and Making Decisions.
Chapter 11: Automatic Procedures and Events.
Chapter 12: Error-Handling Techniques.
Chapter 13: Bug Extermination Techniques.
Chapter 14: VBA Programming Examples.
Part IV: Communicating with Your Users.
Chapter 15: Simple Dialog Boxes.
Chapter 16: UserForm Basics.
Chapter 17: Using UserForm Controls.
Chapter 18: UserForm Techniques and Tricks.
Chapter 19: Accessing Your Macros Through the User Interface.
Part V: Putting It All Together.
Chapter 20: Creating Worksheet Functions and Living to Tell about It.
Chapter 21: Creating Excel Add-Ins.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 22: Ten VBA Questions (And Answers)
Chapter 23: (Almost) Ten Excel Resources.
Sign up now »
NEC wanted to reduce network management costs, while increasing network visibility, decreasing mean-time-to-repair, improving stability and mitigating the risk of downtime. Download today to hear from Cameron Craig, Senior department ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Low-level analysis can find, map data deleted from Android phones
- Cybercrime Survey: Almost half of small business victims
- AusCERT 2013: Cloud-based scanner identifies new malware by its ancestry
- AusCERT 2013: What's it like to be a 'Nigerian scam' victim?
- AusCERT 2013: Ashley Deuble: Network Security Monitoring with Security Onion
- Lack of information, skills hinder finance-business partnering: Deloitte
- Rapid-growing mobile payments market is driving a financial fraud marketplace
- HP profit falls 32 per cent as PC and server sales decline
- Google launching new fund for later-stage tech investments
- Apple defends offshore decisions that result in low taxes