EBay Powerseller Business Practices for Dummies
The book breaks PowerSeller selling into:
- Powering Up: Understanding how to use eBay's tools and community to get sales up to PowerSeller levels
- Hitting Your Sales Targets: Establishing a strategy for choosing the items that work for you, buying items for resale on eBay, and creating a business plan that incorporates marketing, shipping, eBay Stores, and expanding into a separate Web site.
- Build Better Listings: Upgrading your HTML and photography skills to build sale pages that command buyer confidence
- Become a Model Seller: Enhancing your customer service skills from packing and shipping to insuring items to communicating with buyers
- Manage Your Business: A crash course in accounting, including the unique issues with operating an online store
The book also includes a CD-ROM that includes samples of Marsha's 5-DVD video training kit, "Your eBay Business Plan;" trial versions of helpful software from DAZzle, Fast Photos, and QuickBooks; and tools created by the author to help you better operate your business including a fee calculator and list of sources for wholesale merchandise.
Table of Contents
Part I: Power Up to PowerSeller Status.
Practice 1: Understanding What It Takes to Be a PowerSeller.
Practice 2: Knowing eBay Inside and Out.
Practice 3: Discerning the Many Faces of eBay.
Practice 4: Benefiting from the Community and Certified Providers.
Part II: Hit Your Sales Targets.
Practice 5: Deciding What to Sell and the Tools That Help You.
Practice 6: Finding Merchandise to Sell.
Practice 7: Building a Business Buying Plan.
Practice 8: Recouping the Costs of Selling on eBay — and Then Some.
Practice 9: Building a Selling Strategy.
Practice 10: Setting Shipping Costs That Pay.
Practice 11: Marketing Your Items to Grow Sales.
Practice 12: Making the eBay Store Decision.
Practice 13: Taking Advantage of eBay Stores Marketing.
Practice 14: Becoming an eBay Trading Assistant.
Practice 15: Your Web Site: Expanding Beyond eBay.
Practice 16: Giving Back to Nonprofits through Giving Works.
Part III: Build Better Listings.
Practice 17: Creating Listings That Sell with HTML.
Practice 18: Writing Effective Listings.
Practice 19: Listing Made Easy with Turbo Lister.
Practice 20: Managing Your Business with Professional Tools.
Practice 21: Shooting Quality Product Photos.
Practice 22: Photographing Specialty Items.
Practice 23: Getting Your Photos Web-Ready.
Practice 24: Using Item Images Effectively.
Practice 25: Storing Photos Where Your Listings Can Find Them.
Practice 26: Giving Unsold Items a Second Chance.
Part IV: Become a Model Seller.
Practice 27: Choosing the Best Shipper for Your Type of Business.
Practice 28: Automating Your Shipping Chores.
Practice 29: Getting Your Item There in One Piece.
Practice 30: Understanding the Limitations of Package Insurance.
Practice 31: Handling the Inevitable: Returns.
Practice 32: Steering Clear of Fraud.
Practice 33: Keep Your E-Mailbox Free of Scams and Junk.
Practice 34: Securing Your Accounts.
Practice 35: Communicating with Your Buyers.
Practice 43: Keeping Up with Your Taxes.
Practice 44: Establish Your Business Type.
Practice 45: Running a Smooth Office.
Practice 46: Bonding Your Business.
Practice 47: Getting Free with a Home Network.
Appendix A: Glossary of eBay PowerSellers’ Business Terms.
Appendix B: Ten Other Places to Move Your Merchandise.
Appendix C: About the CD.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
Integrated Computing Platforms, such as EMC VSPEX RAs, provide a solution by eliminating the time (and cost) of designing, testing, and engineering integrated environments with components built independently of one ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB