Ebay® for Dummies®, 6th Edition
The bestsellng guide to successfully buying and selling on eBay, fully revised and updated
eBay is the world's #1 shopping and selling site, where millions find bargains and make money with their own sales. Marsha Collier is the #1 eBay expert and bestselling author, with more than a million copies of her books in print. And eBay For Dummies has been the bestselling book on eBay since the original edition in 1999.
Thoroughly updated to cover all the changes in the eBay site, eBay For Dummies, 6th Edition gets you started with information about signing up and navigating the site. It shows you how to find the best bargains, bid to win, and complete your purchase securely. Then it guides you into become a successful eBay seller, showing you how you can pick up extra money in a tight economy with eBay sales.
- Covers how to find bargains on eBay, bid successfully, and pay for your purchases safely
- Helps new users become comfortable with the site and shop with confidence
- Shows you how to set up a seller account, list items, offer customer service, ship merchandise, and receive payment securely
- Prepares you for other issues that may arise
- Explores eBay's special features, showing you how to work within the rules, use the community, and even set up a charity auction
- Includes insider tips on becoming a better buyer and seller
eBay For Dummies, 6th Edition prepares you to save money on your purchases and make money on your sales, all from the comfort of your home.
Marsha Collier is the undisputed empress of eBay, with more than a million copies of her eBay books in print. She is cohost of the Computer & Technology Radio Show heard online at wsradio.com and an in-demand educator for all things regarding online business. Marsha was also one of eBay's original PowerSellers.
Table of Contents
Part I: Getting a Feel for eBay.
Chapter 1: Why You’re Going to Love Your Time on eBay.
Chapter 3: You Can Go Home — Again and Again!
Chapter 4: My Very Own, Private eBay.
Part II: Buying Like an Expert.Chapter 5: Seek and You Shall Find: Research.
Chapter 6: Shopping eBay: The Basics.
Chapter 7: Power-Buying Strategies.
Chapter 8: After You Win the Item.
Part III: Making Money the eBay Way.
Chapter 9: Selling in Your Bunny Slippers for Fun and Profit.
Chapter 10: Time to Sell: Completing the Cyber Paperwork.
Chapter 11: Save Gas — Drive Your Mouse to an eBay Store.
Chapter 12: Closing the Deal and Shipping It Out.
Chapter 13: Troubleshooting Transactions.
Chapter 14: Increase Your Profi ts with Pictures and Other Strategies.
Part IV: Even More of eBay’s Special Features.
Chapter 15: Privacy: To Protect and to Serve.
Chapter 16: Staying Safe and Sane.
Chapter 17: The eBay Community: Joining In with Other eBay Members.
Chapter 18: eBay’s Fun Features.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 19: Ten (or So) Golden Rules for eBay Buyers and Sellers.
Chapter 20: Ten (or So) Programs and Services to Ease Your Way on eBay.
Appendix: Finding Stuff to Sell.
Sign up now »
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Enterprise-wide cloud implementation can be a challenging process, requiring a thoughtful, strategic approach. In this whitepaper, IBM® shares considerations for developing enterprise cloud strategies. It looks into how the rapid-scale ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia