Data Warehousing Fundamentals: A Comprehensive Guide for It Professionals
Market: IT Professionals, Consultants.
Table of Contents
PART 1: OVERVIEW AND CONCEPTS.
The Compelling Need for Data Warehousing.
Data Warehouse: The Building Blocks.
Trends in Data Warehousing.
PART 2: PLANNING AND REQUIREMENTS.
Planning and Project Management.
Defining the Business Requirements.
Requirements as the Driving Force for Data Warehousing.
PART 3: ARCHITECTURE AND INFRASTRUCTURE.
The Architectural Components.
Infrastructure as the Foundation for Data Warehousing.
The Significant Role of Metadata.
PART 4: DATA DESIGN AND DATA PREPARATION.
Principles of Dimensional Modeling.
Dimensional Modeling: Advanced Topics.
Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading.
Data Quality: A Key to Success.
PART 5: INFORMATION ACCESS AND DELIVERY.
Matching Information to the Classes of Users.
OLAP in the Data Warehouse.
Data Warehousing and the Web.
Data Mining Basics.
PART 6: IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE.
The Physical Design Process.
Data Warehouse Deployment.
Growth and Maintenance.
Appendix A: Project Life Cycle Steps and Checklists.
Appendix B: Critical Factors for Success.
Appendix C: Guidelines for Evaluating Vendor Solutions.
Sign up now »
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to SharePoint 2013. These best practices also apply to migrations to most earlier versions of SharePoint. Download now.
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Four dissenters to spur next year's security debates
- AusCERT 2013: Kill the password, says Mozilla
- AusCERT 2013: Unmanaged, unknown privileged logins opening the door for APTs: Cyber-Ark
- AusCERT 2013: Companies unaware of IPv6 security risk even if they’re not using it
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 roundup
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia