Data Mining Techniques, Second Edition: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management
- Packed with more than forty percent new and updated material, this edition shows business managers, marketing analysts, and data mining specialists how to harness fundamental data mining methods and techniques to solve common types of business problems
- Each chapter covers a new data mining technique, and then shows readers how to apply the technique for improved marketing, sales, and customer support
- The authors build on their reputation for concise, clear, and practical explanations of complex concepts, making this book the perfect introduction to data mining
- More advanced chapters cover such topics as how to prepare data for analysis and how to create the necessary infrastructure for data mining
- Covers core data mining techniques, including decision trees, neural networks, collaborative filtering, association rules, link analysis, clustering, and survival analysis
Table of Contents
About the Authors.
Chapter 1: Why and What Is Data Mining?
Chapter 2: The Virtuous Cycle of Data Mining.
Chapter 3: Data Mining Methodology and Best Practices.
Chapter 4: Data Mining Applications in Marketing and Customer Relationship Management.
Chapter 5: The Lure of Statistics: Data Mining Using Familiar Tools.
Chapter 6: Decision Trees.
Chapter 7: Artificial Neural Networks.
Chapter 8: Nearest Neighbor Approaches: Memory-Based Reasoning and Collaborative Filtering.
Chapter 9: Market Basket Analysis and Association Rules.
Chapter 10: Link Analysis.
Chapter 11: Automatic Cluster Detection.
Chapter 12: Knowing When to Worry: Hazard Functions and Survival Analysis in Marketing.
Chapter 13: Genetic Algorithms.
Chapter 14: Data Mining throughout the Customer Life Cycle.
Chapter 15: Data Warehousing, OLAP, and Data Mining.
Chapter 16: Building the Data Mining Environment.
Chapter 17: Preparing Data for Mining.
Chapter 18: Putting Data Mining to Work.
Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
Cloud computing promises to help midmarket companies reduce cost and complexity in the IT equation – and gain the flexibility and agility they need to thrive. Yet charting a clear ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- IN PICTURES: Citrix Solutions expo (49 photos)
- IN PICTURES: Citrix parties one more night with Maroon 5 ( +57 photos)
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia