Corporate Information Factory, Second Edition
Today's corporate IT and data warehouse managers are required to make a small army of technologies work together to ensure fast and accurate information for business managers. Bill Inmon created the Corporate Information Factory to solve the needs of these managers. Since the First Edition, the design of the factory has grown and changed dramatically. This Second Edition, revised and expanded by 40% with five new chapters, incorporates these changes. This step-by-step guide will enable readers to connect their legacy systems with the data warehouse and deal with a host of new and changing technologies, including Web access mechanisms, e-commerce systems, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems. The book also looks closely at exploration and data mining servers for analyzing customer behavior and departmental data marts for finance, sales, and marketing.
CLAUDIA IMHOFF, PhD, is a Senior Vice President of Braun Consulting and a popular speaker for national and international events on the corporate information factory. Dr. Imhoff has coauthored three books dealing with different aspects of the corporate information factory, including Building the Customer-Centric Enterprise (Wiley), and is a columnist for business and technology magazines.
RYAN SOUSA has extensive experience implementing large customer relationship management solutions using the corporate information factory. He is coauthor of Data Warehouse Performance (Wiley) and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
Creating an Information Ecosystem.
Introducing the Corporate Information Factory.
The External World Component.
The Applications Component.
The Integration and Transformation Layer Component.
The Operational Data Store Component.
The Data Warehouse Component.
The Data Mart Component.
The Exploration and Data Mining Warehouse Components.
The Alternative Storage Component.
The Internet/Intranet Components.
The Metadata Component.
The Decision Support Capabilities.
Variations to the Corporate Information Factory.
Building the Corporate Information Factory.
Managing the Corporate Information Factory.
Multiple Data Warehouses across a Large Enterprise.
Appendix A: CIF Architecture Guidelines.
Sign up now »
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
Shane Gaffney, head of IT operations explain how HP Business Service Manager solutions have helped Vodafone to transform from a reactive to a proactive IT Operations function, and to align ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Digital strongboxes won't solve whistleblower problem for journalists
- ACMA database keeps finger on Australia’s malware pulse
- Bit9, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks team to hit zero-day malware
- Opinion varies on action against Chinese cyberattacks
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB