Connect! a Guide to a New Way of Working From Gigaom's Web Worker Daily
Anne has been in software and web development since the nineties, and worked through the dot-com boom as a database and web application developer. She lives in Denver with her husband Rick and three children. You can reach her via her website at annezelenka.com.
Judi Sohn, editor of Web Worker Daily, has over 10 years experience as a homebased graphic designer, technology consultant, and blogger. Now remotely managing a patient advocacy nonprofit organization, she truly lives the web worker life and brings her practical experience to Web Worker Daily readers.
Judi lives in Central New Jersey with her husband Eric and two daughters. She maintains a personal blog at momathome.com.
Table of Contents
1 Towards a Web Working World.
2 Get Ready to Web Work.
3 Burst Your Productivity.
4 Rethink Your Relationship with Email.
5 Surf Waves of Information.
6 Connect, Communicate, and Collaborate.
7 Go Mobile.
8 Explode Your Career.
9 Manage Your Money.
10 Blend Your Work and Your Personal Life.
11 The Future of Web Work.
Sign up now »
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
Traditional security controls for enterprise don’t necessarily translate into the new world of virtualisation and cloud environments. When mapping out a secure virtualisation roadmap, click to find out about pave ...
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Qureshi addresses the trend of ‘mojility’
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: IT needs to be empowered, says Sallam
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Look beyond Cloud infrastructure, says Liang
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Christiancen highlights the need for collaboration
- CITRIX SYNERGY ’13: Devices will change how people work, says Duursma
- Analytics and personalisation drive leading marketer behaviour: Report
- Innovation and big data take centre stage during CMO panel
- Twitter targets second screen interaction with Amplify advertising partnerships
- Facebook talks hyper-targeting, analytics and cross-platform at AANA event
- Tapping into social experience: Tourism Australia