Computers for Seniors for Dummies, 2nd Edition
Great advice on choosing a computer, getting online, and having fun!
Computers are an essential part of daily life these days, but they can be a bit intimidating at first. Computers For Seniors For Dummies, 2nd Edition gets you going with lots of illustrations and easy-to-follow-instructions, never assuming you already know more than you do.
You'll learn to use the keyboard and mouse, navigate the Windows 7 operating system, access the Internet and use e-mail, create documents, shop safely online, and more.
- Shows you how to choose the right computer, get it set up, and get going
- Explains how to connect to the Internet and keep up with family and friends via e-mail
- Helps you create documents, work with files and folders, simplify your finances, and build a budget using a spreadsheet
- Discusses how to use social networking sites and how to shop and bank online without compromising your privacy
- Offers tips and advice to help you avoid common pitfalls
With Computers For Seniors For Dummies, 2nd Edition by your side, you'll be able to use the computer with confidence and take advantage of all it has to offer.
Bud E. Smith has been a technical writer, product manager, and marketer for a variety of high-tech companies. He is also editor of the first blog exclusively for Google Voice, gvDaily.com.
Chris Dannen is a writer and regular contributor to FastCompany magazine.
Sign up now »
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
For businesses looking to provide real-time business solutions to employees and customers alike, you need to have a comprehensive network management strategy. The network is the foundation of all successful ...
"Suggesting that people's "purpose is to get information to flow through the ..."
Why change management doesn’t work
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
- AusCERT 2013: Users, cats more likely hack culprits than cyber-espionage: Trustwave
- AusCERT 2013: Home-electronics gear’s UPnP as insecure in Australia as rest of world: Metasploit
- AusCERT 2013: Big data skills help beat the bad guys, says HP
- Growing mobile malware threat swirls (mostly) around Android
- In pictures: AusCERT 2013 Day One