Common Design Patterns for Symbian OS - the Foundations of Smartphone Software
- Provides patterns based on the Symbian OS architectural elements
- Describes how patterns suited for non-mobile software should be adapted or even avoided for Symbian OS
- Provides Symbian OS based examples and code illustrations
Each chapter covers patterns that address specific key concern experienced by developers: memory performance, time performance, power performance, security and responsiveness.
This book is not specific to any particular version of Symbian OS. While individual examples may come from one version or another the patterns outlined in this book are intended to be more generic and based on the common functionality available in all releases. Where possible the examples given for the design patterns will directly reflect the software in Symbian OS.
Common Design Patterns for Symbian OS is intended to be used in conjunction with one or more SDKs for specific Symbian OS phones and with the resources available at the Symbian DevNet web site. This facility will provide the background material needed to help understand the patterns and the examples accompanying them.
Table of Contents
1.1 About this Book.
1.2 Who this Book Is For.
1.3 Which Version of Symbian OS this Book Is For.
1.4 General Design Patterns.
1.5 Symbian OS Patterns.
1.6 Design Pattern Template.
1.7 Structure of this Book.
1.9 Other Sources of Information.
2 Error-Handling Strategies.
3 Resource Lifetimes.
4 Event-Driven Programming.
Publish and Subscribe.
5 Cooperative Multitasking.
6 Providing Services.
8 Optimizing Execution Time.
9 Mapping Well-Known Patterns onto Symbian OS.
Appendix: Impact Analysis of Recurring Consequences.
Sign up now »
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
The most comprehensive assessment of the current state of enterprise application quality and testing practices available from around the world. With our 1550 respondents, Capgemini, HP & Sogeti bring you ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Commonwealth Bank leads four Australian brands in the 2013 top 100 Global brands list
- More Australians are using mobiles to connect to social media: report
- Oo.com.au partners with Responsys to overhaul digital customer strategy
- Coles Flybuys wins over Aussie consumers in new customer loyalty schemes report
- Tablet advertising exceeds smartphone spend in March quarter: IAB