Building Web Sites All-In-One for Dummies®, 2nd Edition
- Site Design
- Site Construction
- Web Graphics
- Audience Interaction
- Site Management
- Case Studies
From deciding what your site should do to working with HTML, using Dreamweaver, incorporating Flash creations, and keeping your site on the cutting edge, this book is your one-stop course in building Web sites. Learn to:
- Plan your site, decide whether you need a Web team, and create relevant content
- Develop your site design, work with wire frames, and organize behind-the-scenes files that make your site work
- Select the right hardware and software and create pages with Dreamweaver
- Create cool site graphics with Photoshop and Fireworks
- Add interest with Flash animations, slideshows, video, and sound
- Build an e-commerce site that’s user-friendly, legally sound, and secure
- Keep your content and design fresh and up to date
Ready to begin? Grab Building Web Sites All-in-One For Dummies, 2nd Edition and let’s get started!
Doug Sahlin is a media expert who has written on topics ranging from Web building to digital photography to YouTube. Claudia Snell is a professional digital media producer who has worked on Web sites large and small. They are coauthors of the previous edition of this bestseller.
Table of Contents
Book I: Preparations.
Chapter 1: Planning a Web Project.
Chapter 2: Build a Web Team or Go It Alone.
Chapter 3: Developing the Content.
Chapter 4: Creating Relevant Site Content.
Book II: Site Design.
Chapter 1: Conceptualizing Your Site.
Chapter 2: Creating Effective Layouts.
Chapter 3: Organizing Your Content.
Chapter 4: Ensuring Visual Appeal.
Book III: Site Construction.
Chapter 1: Pulling Together Tools and Materials.
Chapter 2: Making a Web Page with HTML.
Chapter 3: Creating a Web Page Layout with HTML and CSS.
Chapter 4: Introducing Web and Graphics Software.
Chapter 5: Getting Started with Dreamweaver.
Chapter 6: Using Dreamweaver: Advanced Techniques.
Chapter 7: Creating a Web Page from a Photoshop File.
Chapter 8: Meeting HTML’s Powerful Friends.
Chapter 9: Web Site Usability and Accessibility.
Chapter 10: Publishing the Web Site.
Book IV: Web Graphics.
Chapter 1: Finding Inspiration.
Chapter 2: Bringing Your Vision to Life.
Chapter 3: Workhorse Graphics.
Chapter 4: Creating Compelling Graphics.
Book V: Multimedia.
Chapter 1: Incorporating Flash Creations.
Chapter 2: Using Sound.
Chapter 3: Using Web Video.
Chapter 4: Active Slideshow Pro.
Book VI: Audience Interaction.
Chapter 2: An Introduction to ASP.
Chapter 3: Introduction to PHP.
Chapter 4: MySQL and PHP.
Chapter 5: Additional Site Interactivity.
Book VII: E-Commerce.
Chapter 1: An E-Commerce Primer.
Chapter 2: Building an E-Commerce Site.
Chapter 3: Maintaining an E-Commerce Site.
Book VIII: Site Management.
Chapter 1: Helping a Site Succeed.
Chapter 2: Maintaining a Web Site.
Chapter 3: Expanding a Site.
Book IX: Case Studies.
Chapter 1: Blog Site.
Chapter 2: Podcasting Site.
Chapter 3: Photographer/Portfolio Site.
Chapter 4: Foundation Site.
Sign up now »
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTLead Software EngineerSA
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTWeb Developer- Drupal and PHP. Exciting new position- #2 in Dev team.$100k+SuperNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Python Web Applications DeveloperNSW
If business-relevant information is not well managed, secured and analysed, it can become an underutilized asset or—worst case—a legal and competitive liability. Nearly all of the IT and business executives ...
"Darn those pesky laws that get in the way of commercial exploitation ..."
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
"Instead of partitioning the device between corporate and personal data, another approach ..."
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
"Well that's a nice back-handed compliment isn't it? So now, finally, my ..."
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
"Actually, both Mobile App developers and CIOs should be blamed for it. ..."
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
"Too little too late. Spice normally has better standards than this. I ..."
Spiceworks' free management software gets integrated MDM
- Opinion varies on action against Chinese cyberattacks
- Chinese hackers resume attacks on U.S. targets
- Govt asks industry for help to stem security breaches
- Peculiar malware trail raises questions about security firm in India
- Attack on Telenor was part of large cyberespionage operation with Indian origins, report says