3D Game Animation for Dummies
* Cover topics such as working with 3D coordinates, keyframing, NURBS modeling, lighting, rigging, skinning, particle effects, and more
* Video game sales exceeded the movie industry's box office draw last year by $1 billion
Table of Contents
Part I: Creating 3D Content for Games.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with 3D Game Animation.
Chapter 2: Game and Art Design, and Creating Storyboards.
Chapter 3: Starting with Traditional Animation Basics.
Part II: Creating Interfaces, Modeling Scenery, and Texturing Backgrounds.
Chapter 4: Creating Game User Interfaces.
Chapter 5: Modeling Scenery and Props.
Chapter 6: Adding Details with Materials.
Chapter 7: Mapping Textures.
Chapter 8: Creating Effective Lighting.
Part III: Designing, Modeling, and Animating Game Characters.
Chapter 9: Techniques for Modeling Characters.
Chapter 10: Discovering the Basics of 3D Animation.
Chapter 11: Animating Characters.
Chapter 12: Animating Facial Movements.
Chapter 13: Automating Reactions with Dynamics.
Part IV: Animating Game Cut Scenes.
Chapter 14: Animating Scene Elements.
Chapter 15: Animating with Particles.
Chapter 16: Rendering an Animation.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Types of Tools Used by Game Companies.
Chapter 18: Ten Creative Jobs in the Animation Industry.
Chapter 19: Ten Ways to Land a Job as a 3D Game Animator.
Appendix A: Using Game Engine Tools.
Appendix B: Glossary of Animation Terms.
Appendix C: Directory of Animation Schools.
Sign up now »
Even though companies such as Fiberlink make it easy to centralise the management and security of mobile devices of all shapes and sizes, that is no excuse for capitulating to ...
The transformation of computing through mobility, consumerisation, bring-your-own device (BYOD) and flex-work offers powerful benefits for today’s organisations ...
"1. The HTC has a better low light camera and the lens ..."
Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One: 5 Reasons to Choose the GS4
"as a teacher - you can't win - in a constantly changing ..."
High school students still see ICT as ‘sitting at a computer all day’: survey
"yep - big brother is watching you - now go out and ..."
Does encryption really shield you from government's prying eyes?
"New manager arrives, fires most of the apparently-underskilled staff rather than training ..."
Solving the skills conundrum – part 1
"How many of the Fortune 500 companies have access to PRISM? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_espionage ..."
Australia suspected to have PRISM data: Ludlam
- 3D printer creates lithium-ion batteries the size of a grain of sand
- Congress looks to kill NASA's plan to capture an asteroid
- AT&T to offer NEC Terrain push-to-talk Android smartphone starting Friday
- Intel chooses sides in wireless power market
- Good riddance Google Reader: Feedly throws switch on alternate RSS service
- Financial services firm figures out how to do social safely
- Social media adds spice to financial services, say banks
- Google Analytics advocate touts plans to own the Universal customer view
- Google asks to make surveillance orders public, citing First Amendment
- ADMA criticises government plans for compulsory data breach notification