- Armies of hacked IoT devices launch unprecedented DDoS attacks
- Illusive Networks seeks to slow Swift attackers through deception
- Here's how Microsoft is using containerization to protect Edge users
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
- The week in security: Yahoo breach biggest hack ever; Australia leads APAC in reported breaches
If you are a business owner, business leader, manager or just someone who cares about the work they are doing, stop and ask yourself: are we innovating or are we just waiting to die?
The Internet did not suddenly become important in 2011. It has been a driving force behind worldwide business disruption and change for the last decade. As many shareholders of Australian media and retail companies are perhaps now realising, a timid approach to change can easily turn out to be the highest risk strategy.
Will Clouds cast a shadow over IT governance?
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
Davy Adams is the Managing Director of IDG Australia, publisher of Computerworld and CIO.
David Bartlett is former Premier of Tasmania and one-time CIO. He is chairman of Asdeq Labs and works with communities on the NBN through Explor Digital Futures. He also likes to go fishing.
Peter Black is an experienced Business, Executive and Retirement Coach with specialties in CEO coaching and mentoring, the IT industry and professional services firms.
Bruce Carlos is principal of Starmaster Group and an industry recognised CIO. He was a founding member of the CIO Executive Council of Australia, and the former CIO of Raytheon Australia and the Victorian Government's Centre of IT Excellence.
Rodney Gedda is the former deputy editor of CIO and former editor of Techworld.
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
Rob is a respected and experienced CIO, with more than three decades of industry and ICT experience. Over the last 16 years he has held the CIO role at several multinationals, most recently Ricoh. He is the owner of Rob Livingstone Advisory and a Fellow of University of Technology, Sydney. Rob delivers the Pathways Advanced and Business ICT leadership programs in conjunction with the CIO Executive Council.
Ross Maher is the director of Build21c, an innovation project planning and research company that helps companies innovate. His specialities include project definition and set up, and he believes the best innovation occurs through a conversation with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Learn more at www.build21c.com.au
Scott is an experienced CIO with over 20 years of ICT experience. He has held senior management and executive positions in both the private and public sectors. These roles spanned both business and ICT functions including CIO of the large industry superannuation fund Sunsuper, and CIO of a large ASX listed stockbroker. Scott has more recently moved into the research and industry analyst sector and is now the Research Director at ITNewcom, a benchmarking, research and consulting practice. Follow Scott on Twitter: @CIOMatters.
Georgina Swan, former Editor of CIO.
Chris Yates is the former CIO of Tennis Australia, where he oversaw the IT strategy for organisation and led the IT team for tournaments such as the Australian Open and Davis Cup. He has worked across various industries, including financial services, marketing and advertising.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Check your Future Risk
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Is price preventing cloud adoption in Australia?
- Vodafone blames router issues for network outage
- Nuago - The first 90 days as a born-in-the-cloud provider
- QPC wins Interactive Intelligence managed services contract with Toowoomba council
- Which vendors are winning the fight for Internet of Things supremacy?
- How this university team is improving email marketing on a shoestring budget
- How an emerging radiation technology could help brands identify consumers in future
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- IAB appoints News Digital Networks MD as chair
- IGA marketing leader: Purpose and personalisation are critical to competitive success