- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
Is the latest trend in IT career-as-a-service?
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
Davy Adams is the Managing Director of IDG Australia, publisher of Computerworld and CIO.
David Bartlett is former Premier of Tasmania and one-time CIO. He is chairman of Asdeq Labs and works with communities on the NBN through Explor Digital Futures. He also likes to go fishing.
Peter Black is an experienced Business, Executive and Retirement Coach with specialties in CEO coaching and mentoring, the IT industry and professional services firms.
Bruce Carlos is principal of Starmaster Group and an industry recognised CIO. He was a founding member of the CIO Executive Council of Australia, and the former CIO of Raytheon Australia and the Victorian Government's Centre of IT Excellence.
Rodney Gedda is the former deputy editor of CIO and former editor of Techworld.
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
Rob is a respected and experienced CIO, with more than three decades of industry and ICT experience. Over the last 16 years he has held the CIO role at several multinationals, most recently Ricoh. He is the owner of Rob Livingstone Advisory and a Fellow of University of Technology, Sydney. Rob delivers the Pathways Advanced and Business ICT leadership programs in conjunction with the CIO Executive Council.
Ross Maher is the director of Build21c, an innovation project planning and research company that helps companies innovate. His specialities include project definition and set up, and he believes the best innovation occurs through a conversation with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders. Learn more at www.build21c.com.au
Scott is an experienced CIO with over 20 years of ICT experience. He has held senior management and executive positions in both the private and public sectors. These roles spanned both business and ICT functions including CIO of the large industry superannuation fund Sunsuper, and CIO of a large ASX listed stockbroker. Scott has more recently moved into the research and industry analyst sector and is now the Research Director at ITNewcom, a benchmarking, research and consulting practice. Follow Scott on Twitter: @CIOMatters.
Georgina Swan, former Editor of CIO.
Chris Yates is the former CIO of Tennis Australia, where he oversaw the IT strategy for organisation and led the IT team for tournaments such as the Australian Open and Davis Cup. He has worked across various industries, including financial services, marketing and advertising.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Mingis on Tech: Forget killer robots; a self-driving car could get you, too
- Google age-discrimination lawsuit may become monster
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Report: Organisational silos and culture inhibiting data-driven marketing
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 30 June
- CMO interview: How Curtin University’s marketing chief uses test and learn to cope with complexity
- New data intelligence platform set to create better brand experiences
- New online 'mega mall' wants to reclaim Aussie customers