- Got an iOS 10 exploit? This company will pay you $1.5m for it
- Bounty for iOS jailbreak exploit jumps to US$1.5 million
- These ransomware tricks fool the most hardened security pro
- Diversified supply chain helps 'Vendetta Brothers' succeed in criminal business
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
For all the rhetoric, an element of the story remains untold24 Jan / Written by Peter Nevin
Profitability in the tourism sector has always been incredibly volatile, subject to the whims of wild weather and fickle fashion. It will be interesting to see whether managers in the wider business community choose to crank up their travel budgets again as they have done in the past, or whether the convenience and ease of telecommuting and electronic conferencing will finally start to bite into business travel.12 Jan / Written by Rory Gregg
When you consider that eBay do not actually “sell” anything or handle any retail inventory, their decision to follow consumers into shopping centres is interesting. Perhaps online retail battles will soon also be fought in shopping centres and, if so, online retailing is also heading into dangerous waters.29 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
At an operational level, complex policies and procedures can quickly turn HR management into a quagmire. Although in some situations, all of that red tape can truly be a good thing.17 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
Executive leadership is often portrayed as high pressure. Boards justify spectacular executive packages by citing the uncertainty of the top job, and the notion that people who actively seek leadership positions need to be given an enormous incentive to create shareholder value. The reality is often rather different.7 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
Australian CEOs typically hang on to the job for 8 years before retiring with a golden parachute. The point at which you find a leader within their tenure has a clear influence on strategic business planning and investment decisions. It should be little surprise that when a leader has one eye on the door, they might simply view risks and rewards very differently to those around them.28 Oct / Written by Rory Gregg
Australian businesses have been achieving consistent improvements due to labour productivity – but gains from innovation have been weak to non-existent in recent years.11 Oct / Written by Rory Gregg
The best outcomes occur when leaders mobilise employee energy and commitment, and articulate a clear set of understandable goals. Instead of micromanaging, flexibility and adaption should be encouraged throughout the organisation. Employees need to be given leeway to solve problems themselves, and the confidence to act.21 Sep / Written by Rory Gregg
To be a thought leader, you need thoughts. And leadership.7 Sep / Written by Martha Raupp
When it comes to succession planning at key executive levels, timing and communication can be quite critical. Sudden departures can be very disruptive and damaging. This is precisely the time when you need to pull plan B out of your bottom draw, and not the time to go through a long drawn out executive search process.1 Sep / Written by Rory Gregg
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- Google claws back ground on AWS and Microsoft with Australian cloud launch
- How Data#3 overhauled council ICT infrastructure in Adelaide
- Top 6 ways to build a profitable managed IT services business
- Enterprise on the verge of mass Internet of Things adoption
- Check Point tour opens Israel pipeline to Aussie partners
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for this week - 29 September
- CMO interview: GroupM CEO Mark Lollback on marketing, media, transparency and technology
- Melbourne Fashion Week: Using digital and insight to drive engagement and attendance
- Report: Australians still love a customer loyalty program
- Adobe Marketing Cloud to run on Microsoft Azure under new partnership