- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
Whether it is business or politics, the issues are the same. Leaders who are able to learn from their mistakes and publicly accept responsibility for their failings, are more likely to build a strong support base. Success often attracts followers, but the occasional failure can be used by a leader as an opportunity to deepen and strengthen the relationship26 Oct / Written by Rory Gregg
In uncertain times, teams look to leaders for their certainty. When you find yourself navigating uncertain waters, you should expect to make frequent adjustments to your plans, and keep a watchful eye on both your clients and the market. Shared adversity can be a strong glue to help build a cohesive team environment.17 Sep / Written by Rory Gregg
By focusing on productivity rather than wages, leaders can improve their visibility of the business, and deliver results that really matter.16 Aug / Written by Rory Gregg
The Internet did not suddenly become important in 2011. It has been a driving force behind worldwide business disruption and change for the last decade. As many shareholders of Australian media and retail companies are perhaps now realising, a timid approach to change can easily turn out to be the highest risk strategy.6 Jul / Written by Rory Gregg
Leaders should consider carefully how they balance productivity and wage expenses, and the levels of operational risk they are willing to take to reduce wages expense. Outsourcing and subcontracting arrangements can greatly improve your workforce flexibility, but savings can quickly evaporate when skills are in short supply.8 Jun / Written by Rory Gregg
Privacy issues essentially boil down to an issue of trust. Rebuilding shattered trust can be an expensive exercise.14 May / Written by Rory Gregg
Diversity is not a compliance issue. It is a leadership issue that needs to be dealt with seriously by every level of your organisation. Sensitivity to workforce and customer diversity should be embedded into business processes, employee retention programs and hiring policies.24 Apr / Written by Rory Gregg
For any business that currently relies on casual and part time employees for key sections of their operations, employee retention strategies are not just going to be necessary – they will probably be a matter of survival.24 Mar / Written by Rory Gregg
Going through the motions of a hopeless leadership challenge was obviously useful for someone. If there is any lesson for business leaders to learn from the incident, it is that appearances matter enormously when dealing with external stakeholders. Ostentatious displays of power are a proven tactic for leaders that need to distract and reassure stakeholders, and keep up appearances.1 Mar / Written by Rory Gregg
Automated detection systems will always have blindspots that can be exploited. To catch problems before they spiral out of control, employees must feel comfortable that they can communicate problems to their managers, and that concerns won’t just fall on deaf ears.11 Feb / Written by Rory Gregg
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- CSO Perspectives Roadshow 2016 | Early bird registrations now open | Register today
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today!
- Join Dropbox and Symantec to hear an in-depth discussion on evaluating and managing enterprise cloud security.
- CSO Security Priorities Survey, participate and go into the draw to win an Apple iWatch Sport. Start survey NOW!
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- Forrester: Marketers using an average of 5 social channels for marketing
- Innovation challenge results in new customer ordering app prototype for Village Cinemas
- CMO interview: The new digital travel experience
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for the week - 11 February
- Cronulla Sharks tackles marketing automation