- Dropbox changed passwords after 68M accounts were compromised
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Cloud plus artificial intelligence = future
- Security intelligence and sharing lead to hacker disappointment
- Accenture's Australian security splash feeds regional hunger for security, IoT
Whether it is business or politics, the issues are the same. Leaders who are able to learn from their mistakes and publicly accept responsibility for their failings, are more likely to build a strong support base. Success often attracts followers, but the occasional failure can be used by a leader as an opportunity to deepen and strengthen the relationship26 Oct / Written by Rory Gregg
In uncertain times, teams look to leaders for their certainty. When you find yourself navigating uncertain waters, you should expect to make frequent adjustments to your plans, and keep a watchful eye on both your clients and the market. Shared adversity can be a strong glue to help build a cohesive team environment.17 Sep / Written by Rory Gregg
By focusing on productivity rather than wages, leaders can improve their visibility of the business, and deliver results that really matter.16 Aug / Written by Rory Gregg
The Internet did not suddenly become important in 2011. It has been a driving force behind worldwide business disruption and change for the last decade. As many shareholders of Australian media and retail companies are perhaps now realising, a timid approach to change can easily turn out to be the highest risk strategy.6 Jul / Written by Rory Gregg
Leaders should consider carefully how they balance productivity and wage expenses, and the levels of operational risk they are willing to take to reduce wages expense. Outsourcing and subcontracting arrangements can greatly improve your workforce flexibility, but savings can quickly evaporate when skills are in short supply.8 Jun / Written by Rory Gregg
Privacy issues essentially boil down to an issue of trust. Rebuilding shattered trust can be an expensive exercise.14 May / Written by Rory Gregg
Diversity is not a compliance issue. It is a leadership issue that needs to be dealt with seriously by every level of your organisation. Sensitivity to workforce and customer diversity should be embedded into business processes, employee retention programs and hiring policies.24 Apr / Written by Rory Gregg
For any business that currently relies on casual and part time employees for key sections of their operations, employee retention strategies are not just going to be necessary – they will probably be a matter of survival.24 Mar / Written by Rory Gregg
Going through the motions of a hopeless leadership challenge was obviously useful for someone. If there is any lesson for business leaders to learn from the incident, it is that appearances matter enormously when dealing with external stakeholders. Ostentatious displays of power are a proven tactic for leaders that need to distract and reassure stakeholders, and keep up appearances.1 Mar / Written by Rory Gregg
Automated detection systems will always have blindspots that can be exploited. To catch problems before they spiral out of control, employees must feel comfortable that they can communicate problems to their managers, and that concerns won’t just fall on deaf ears.11 Feb / Written by Rory Gregg
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- NBN raids: Senate refers seized material to privileges committee
- Cloudscene: Bevan Slattery launches data centre directory
- NDIS payment problems largely resolved, government says
- NBN seeks to push copper speed limits in XG-FAST trial with Nokia
- White House fears U.S. taxpayers will pay for Apple tax bill
- How storytelling and insight are helping transform Cure Brain Cancer Foundation's marketing and comms
- GroupM goes for 100% viewability with Twitter ad campaign trials
- A day in the working life of tomorrow’s marketer
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ryanair puts customer data in hands of employees