Open Government fundamentally aims to build and maintain a systematic approach to improving transparency, accountability and responsiveness to citizens.28 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
The new federal government has been remarkably silent on the state of the economy since winning office. I suspect most Australian business leaders are now simply relieved that the relentless media reports of “economic crisis” have ceased, and are thankful that the quotes are now being turned back, both economically and nautically.27 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
The year 2013 has been another tough year of transition for many retailers, with major Australian retailers such as Billabong, Lisa Ho, and Payless Shoes all paying a high price for poor management decisions. The rising volume and value of e-commerce transactions has started to impact the retail property landscape, and promises structural change and pain for many retail property owners.28 Oct / Written by Rory Gregg
Trust and paranoia seem to walk hand in hand in business. Many organisations walk a fine line between trying to entice customers with a pleasant experience, and protecting their assets.9 Aug / Written by Rory Gregg
Sexism is a cultural challenge that is entrenched in many Australian businesses.24 Jun / Written by Rory Gregg
The multi-national taxation minimisation issue is already monumental. Politicians of all stripes are going to need corporate scapegoats to deflect inevitable community anger. Now is the time for corporate leaders to rebalance the risks they are taking with their tax affairs.22 May / Written by Rory Gregg
Fostering a culture of innovation within an organisation is a complex long term project. If there is little opportunity to quickly adapt products, change workflows, or respond to a weekly flow of insights, then there will be little return from a Big Data investment.2 Apr / Written by Rory Gregg
Providing services in remote regions of Australia is likely to become even more problematic as the population ages. Government needs to go through the same transition that banking did in the 80s and 90s, which saw the large scale closure of branches, and the shift to ATMs and online transactions. But it will be interesting to see whether politicians compromise their desire to improve public sector efficiency, when faced with the prospect of government job cuts within their own electorates.28 Feb / Written by Rory Gregg
Leaders need to visibly walk the talk, and show they are serious about customer satisfaction.21 Jan / Written by Rory Gregg
Developing programs to encourage service delivery innovation, update workforce skills, and adopt more teleworking should be high on the agenda for public sector leaders. While political wrangling is likely to make the task harder, budget realities will soon force stark choices for public sector leaders and politicians alike.28 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Aus Post's customer chief: CX is about convenience, control and choice
- Report forecasts rapid beacon uptake by market segments beyond retail
- Intel Security CMO: Why marketers need to think more about crisis management
- Online advertising market cracks $6.8bn
- CMO interview: How Guzman Y Gomez is redefining the fast food category through brand purpose