- AMD may build ExactTrak data-zapping into its chips, to compete with Intel vPro
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- Fujitsu brings internal security expertise to Australian market in cloud, managed security services push
- ISACA guides skills-challenged SMBs towards security governance
Open Government fundamentally aims to build and maintain a systematic approach to improving transparency, accountability and responsiveness to citizens.28 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
The new federal government has been remarkably silent on the state of the economy since winning office. I suspect most Australian business leaders are now simply relieved that the relentless media reports of “economic crisis” have ceased, and are thankful that the quotes are now being turned back, both economically and nautically.27 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
The year 2013 has been another tough year of transition for many retailers, with major Australian retailers such as Billabong, Lisa Ho, and Payless Shoes all paying a high price for poor management decisions. The rising volume and value of e-commerce transactions has started to impact the retail property landscape, and promises structural change and pain for many retail property owners.28 Oct / Written by Rory Gregg
Trust and paranoia seem to walk hand in hand in business. Many organisations walk a fine line between trying to entice customers with a pleasant experience, and protecting their assets.9 Aug / Written by Rory Gregg
Sexism is a cultural challenge that is entrenched in many Australian businesses.24 Jun / Written by Rory Gregg
The multi-national taxation minimisation issue is already monumental. Politicians of all stripes are going to need corporate scapegoats to deflect inevitable community anger. Now is the time for corporate leaders to rebalance the risks they are taking with their tax affairs.22 May / Written by Rory Gregg
Fostering a culture of innovation within an organisation is a complex long term project. If there is little opportunity to quickly adapt products, change workflows, or respond to a weekly flow of insights, then there will be little return from a Big Data investment.2 Apr / Written by Rory Gregg
Providing services in remote regions of Australia is likely to become even more problematic as the population ages. Government needs to go through the same transition that banking did in the 80s and 90s, which saw the large scale closure of branches, and the shift to ATMs and online transactions. But it will be interesting to see whether politicians compromise their desire to improve public sector efficiency, when faced with the prospect of government job cuts within their own electorates.28 Feb / Written by Rory Gregg
Leaders need to visibly walk the talk, and show they are serious about customer satisfaction.21 Jan / Written by Rory Gregg
Developing programs to encourage service delivery innovation, update workforce skills, and adopt more teleworking should be high on the agenda for public sector leaders. While political wrangling is likely to make the task harder, budget realities will soon force stark choices for public sector leaders and politicians alike.28 Nov / Written by Rory Gregg
Rory is a Partner at Grant Thornton, leading their Business Transformation consulting practice in Sydney. His specialties are business strategy, performance improvement, and transformational change. Follow him on Twitter @rory_gregg
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Exclusive Group secures new investment to support continued growth strategy
- Avaya awards its top Asia-Pacific channel partners
- A/NZ Shoppers deserting retailers due to online performance issues: Rackspace
- Fujitsu World Tour 2015: A focus on the healthy human side of IoT (+8 photos)
- Avaya finalises Ensa acquisition
- Aon CMO: Employee, executive cultural shift needed for content marketing success
- Shazam launches visual recognition content offering for brands
- Vivid Sydney, Kathmandu and Crown take up Instagram carousel ads
- IBM creates industry-specific predictive analytics as Salesforce unveils big data Wave
- Why GoDaddy needs a CMO and a chief customer officer