- Surveillance court extends NSA's phone records collection
- Robot apocalypse unlikely, but researchers need to understand AI risks
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- Medium stays firmly anti-password with radical e-mail-based logins
- Cisco plans to buy security-as-a-service provider OpenDNS
Governance frameworks imply a well-oiled corporate machine, but is that really the way forward in the face of digital disruption?11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
For every enterprise IT project, there are as many versions of reality as there are stakeholders. Is there a way to defeat the odds and win?15 Sep / Written by Rob Livingstone
Companies lacking a formal corporate strategy are making it even harder for IT departments to meet expectations and lead transformation.4 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Technology’s democratisation is reshaping business but it’s also introducing new complexities around management and governance. So where do you fit in?2 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Why these specialised and surprisingly prolific embedded systems could be putting your organisation at risk.11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
As-a-service procurement has changed the dynamic between CIO and vendor and placed the onus on contract management. How can you realign?28 Oct / Written by Rob Livingstone
Having someone who can advocate game-changing technologies within your organisation presents opportunities and obstacles.29 Jul / Written by Rob Livingstone
CIOs need to stop thinking about volume and look for value.17 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Are you keeping an eye on your cloud vendors?12 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Is the latest trend in IT career-as-a-service?13 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
Rob is a respected and experienced CIO, with more than three decades of industry and ICT experience. Over the last 16 years he has held the CIO role at several multinationals, most recently Ricoh. He is the owner of Rob Livingstone Advisory and a Fellow of University of Technology, Sydney. Rob delivers the Pathways Advanced and Business ICT leadership programs in conjunction with the CIO Executive Council.
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- Using customer personas while maintaining excellence: The key to omnichannel
- Only Citrix securely delivers everything you need for a truly mobile workspace wherever you go
- Prevent – Detect – Mitigate. Advanced Threat Protection a multi layered approach to Security – Videos, Demos, Whitepapers.
- Gartner Symposium/ITxpo – The World’s Most Important Gathering of CIOs and Senior IT Executives 26-29 October 2015 on the Gold Coast, Australia
- 2015 ARN ICT Industry Awards - last chance: Nominations close at 11.59pm tonight
- Netgear launches its first Cloud-based IT service platform
- Gazal Telecom ends up on ASIC wind up list
- Technology is not the biggest security problem: CompTIA
- Huawei Australia and the Canberra Raiders get behind Bowel Cancer Australia
- Report: Aussie CMOs strive for customer centricity but hindered by pace of change
- Microsoft hands some of the reins for its display ad business to AOL
- Why Open Colleges, Virgin Mobile are backing a new tool for brand advocacy
- Digital marketers look for behavioral triggers
- Can brand builders do well and do good?