- These ransomware tricks fool the most hardened security pro
- Diversified supply chain helps 'Vendetta Brothers' succeed in criminal business
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Telstra on defensive as reverse-engineering of Medicare data highlights healthcare-security risks
- The Yahoo hackers weren't state-sponsored, a security firm says
Governance frameworks imply a well-oiled corporate machine, but is that really the way forward in the face of digital disruption?11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
For every enterprise IT project, there are as many versions of reality as there are stakeholders. Is there a way to defeat the odds and win?15 Sep / Written by Rob Livingstone
Companies lacking a formal corporate strategy are making it even harder for IT departments to meet expectations and lead transformation.4 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Technology’s democratisation is reshaping business but it’s also introducing new complexities around management and governance. So where do you fit in?2 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Why these specialised and surprisingly prolific embedded systems could be putting your organisation at risk.11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
As-a-service procurement has changed the dynamic between CIO and vendor and placed the onus on contract management. How can you realign?28 Oct / Written by Rob Livingstone
Having someone who can advocate game-changing technologies within your organisation presents opportunities and obstacles.29 Jul / Written by Rob Livingstone
CIOs need to stop thinking about volume and look for value.17 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Are you keeping an eye on your cloud vendors?12 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Is the latest trend in IT career-as-a-service?13 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
Rob is a respected and experienced CIO, with more than three decades of industry and ICT experience. Over the last 16 years he has held the CIO role at several multinationals, most recently Ricoh. He is the owner of Rob Livingstone Advisory and a Fellow of University of Technology, Sydney. Rob delivers the Pathways Advanced and Business ICT leadership programs in conjunction with the CIO Executive Council.
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Check your Future Risk
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Doctors: E-health records raise costs, don’t help patient outcomes
- QBE seeks united IT strategy with global CIO
- Will Privacy Act changes have a chilling effect on cyber security research?
- Investigation launched after health department data privacy snafu
- New drone rules: With more eyes in the sky, expect less privacy
- CMO's top 10 martech stories for this week - 29 September
- CMO interview: GroupM CEO Mark Lollback on marketing, media, transparency and technology
- Melbourne Fashion Week: Using digital and insight to drive engagement and attendance
- Report: Australians still love a customer loyalty program
- Adobe Marketing Cloud to run on Microsoft Azure under new partnership