- Faster Internet access means more cyberattacks for Africa
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Google, WordPress, LastPass, Salesforce - new USB token secures them all
- Attacks against industrial control systems double
- Pawn Storm cyberespionage group increases activity, targets NATO
Governance frameworks imply a well-oiled corporate machine, but is that really the way forward in the face of digital disruption?11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
For every enterprise IT project, there are as many versions of reality as there are stakeholders. Is there a way to defeat the odds and win?15 Sep / Written by Rob Livingstone
Companies lacking a formal corporate strategy are making it even harder for IT departments to meet expectations and lead transformation.4 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Technology’s democratisation is reshaping business but it’s also introducing new complexities around management and governance. So where do you fit in?2 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Why these specialised and surprisingly prolific embedded systems could be putting your organisation at risk.11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
As-a-service procurement has changed the dynamic between CIO and vendor and placed the onus on contract management. How can you realign?28 Oct / Written by Rob Livingstone
Having someone who can advocate game-changing technologies within your organisation presents opportunities and obstacles.29 Jul / Written by Rob Livingstone
CIOs need to stop thinking about volume and look for value.17 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Are you keeping an eye on your cloud vendors?12 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Is the latest trend in IT career-as-a-service?13 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
Rob is a respected and experienced CIO, with more than three decades of industry and ICT experience. Over the last 16 years he has held the CIO role at several multinationals, most recently Ricoh. He is the owner of Rob Livingstone Advisory and a Fellow of University of Technology, Sydney. Rob delivers the Pathways Advanced and Business ICT leadership programs in conjunction with the CIO Executive Council.
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- AusCERT2015 | st-5th June 2015 | Hear from Brian Krebs, Eva Galperin and Bruce Schneier - New registration packages
- Transition to the Agile Data Centre. Partnering with innovators to drive business and IT forward.
- Check out the NEW f5 Resource centre | New content, infographics, white papers and research
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Canadian banks play hard ball with Apple Pay's moving north
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC
- NetApp secures $2m supercomputing deal with NCI
- Mandatory Disclosure Laws needed to counter lax security attitudes: Symantec
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise gears for growth following China Huaxin takeover
- Vocus buys $15 million stake in Macquarie Telecom
- EXCLUSIVE: FireEye poaches Symantec’s Sean Kopelke