- AI will help virtualised data containers manage their own security, access control
- The week in security: Apple patches iOS 0-day, new attack decrypts HTTPS
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- 5 security practices hackers say make their lives harder
Governance frameworks imply a well-oiled corporate machine, but is that really the way forward in the face of digital disruption?11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
For every enterprise IT project, there are as many versions of reality as there are stakeholders. Is there a way to defeat the odds and win?15 Sep / Written by Rob Livingstone
Companies lacking a formal corporate strategy are making it even harder for IT departments to meet expectations and lead transformation.4 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Technology’s democratisation is reshaping business but it’s also introducing new complexities around management and governance. So where do you fit in?2 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Why these specialised and surprisingly prolific embedded systems could be putting your organisation at risk.11 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
As-a-service procurement has changed the dynamic between CIO and vendor and placed the onus on contract management. How can you realign?28 Oct / Written by Rob Livingstone
Having someone who can advocate game-changing technologies within your organisation presents opportunities and obstacles.29 Jul / Written by Rob Livingstone
CIOs need to stop thinking about volume and look for value.17 Jun / Written by Rob Livingstone
Are you keeping an eye on your cloud vendors?12 Apr / Written by Rob Livingstone
Is the latest trend in IT career-as-a-service?13 Dec / Written by Rob Livingstone
Rob is a respected and experienced CIO, with more than three decades of industry and ICT experience. Over the last 16 years he has held the CIO role at several multinationals, most recently Ricoh. He is the owner of Rob Livingstone Advisory and a Fellow of University of Technology, Sydney. Rob delivers the Pathways Advanced and Business ICT leadership programs in conjunction with the CIO Executive Council.
A CIOs job is never done. A day in the life of a chief information officer
Information management has changed significantly over the last decade - both internally and externally. Think cloud, SaaS, PaaA, IaaS, open source, data integration, development ... the choice is open.
CIOs stepping out of their comfort zones to become business leaders who help drive the business strategy.
CIO editor, Georgina Swan, talks ICT, business and what makes IT leaders tick.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Understanding hacking tools — why the NSA leak is trouble for us all
- Inside Amazon's, Facebook's and Google's self-serving 'philanthropy'
- Frustrated by Congress, Obama creates startup visa-like program
- By going private, Rackspace looks to fuel its cloud evolution
- Cloud player Rackspace goes private in US$4.3B deal