As the recent scandal over leaked celebrity photographs reminded us all, people use their electronic devices for very personal pursuits in the era of smartphone ubiquity. Depending on the age and inclination of its owner, a modern-day digital device might contain not just nude selfies like those that were shared online, but images from dating sites like Tinder and Grindr, creepshots, or other salacious or even illegal material downloaded from the backwaters of "the dark Web" via anonymizers like Tor.
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google levels up security at I/O with secure comms tool, better authentication
- New NSA phone dragnet proposals blasted as flawed
- Tor connections to hidden services could be easy to de-anonymize
- How Google took a page from Apple to secure Android Pay