Virtual desktop infrastructure has come a long way since the terminal service days of the 1960s. Heck, VDI has come a long way since the 2000s thanks to plummeting prices for clients, better graphics cards and improved administration. By and large, though, VDI deployments remain more of a niche solution.
- The week in security: DDoS attack savages US Internet; Biometrics for newborns
- How the Dyn DDoS attack unfolded
- Extensive DDoS attack against Dyn restarts, could indicate a new use of old criminal tech
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- DNS provider Dyn gets DDoSed, takes out Twitter, GitHub and plenty others