The search for the right kind of mobile IT equipment to use in the world's most remote regions took the CIO of the World Wildlife Fund to a mountaintop in the Andes.
- All tech giants fail on security disclosure, but Microsoft and Google do best
- Millions of websites affected by unpatched flaw in Microsoft IIS 6 web server
- Open-source developers targeted in sophisticated malware attack
- VMware patches critical virtual machine escape flaws
- Attack, detection metrics improve but security specialists warn against complacency