It is earnings season, which for publicly-traded technology vendors in the cloud market means it’s time to update investors on the momentum of emerging products helping to displace eroding revenue from legacy offerings. For two technology vendor stalwarts – Microsoft and IBM - cloud computing has played a significant role in their earnings this quarter.
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- Cyberespionage group Patchwork sets its sights on multiple industries
- Hackers can pick off, inject wireless keyboard keystrokes from 8 vendors, maybe more