You may have heard about the upstart MySQL database MariaDB, a branch of MySQL created in the wake of Oracle's purchase of Sun Microsystems. You'll find many great reasons to consider MariaDB, not least that MariaDB is led by the original author of MySQL, Monty Widenius. But there are reasons to stick with MySQL too.
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Brown University offers Ivy League CISO creds
- US: lawmakers should try to understand encryption before fixing it
- Security breaches to blame in 1 in 3 cases of systems downtime: EMC