Critical infrastructure operators remain vulnerable to attack from hackers whose motivations have matured from the “pretty juvenile” wanton vandalism of the 1990s to the aggressive, targeted and financially-motivated cyber war being waged online today, a one-time senior security advisor to the US president has warned.
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- White-hat hackers key to securing connected cars
- Roses are red, violets are blue, hand over your cash or I promise we're through
- Heightened security threat could follow Dallas Buyers Club anti-piracy defeat
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too