CIO Summit: Australia's premier CIO Conference
- 03 July, 2012 09:18
The CIO Summit is a world class CIO program running in 14 different countries around the world.
What 2011 attendees said about CIO Summit:
“Great opportunity to network with peers and hear about cutting edge practices actually bringing value.”
“The CIO Summit provided an excellent opportunity to discuss issues I am currently facing with peers facing similar issues. Listening to other CIOs discuss their approaches to specific issues, such as handling security issues related to mobile devices, was invaluable.”
“There are very few organisations that get this level of IT leaders in a room to gain perspective of what is happening in our field. I always walk away with a new idea, a better way to approach something or find out what the next 'it' thing is.”
Why should you attend?
The CIO summit is a compelling content-rich event where CIOs and senior IT professionals gather to gain insight from industry experts and real-world experience from CIOs on critical business and technology issues.
- Exposure to the smartest and most effective business strategies and ideas to help senior ICT executives mitigate risk, deliver greater process efficiencies, boost customer engagement and drive enterprise wide innovation.
- Attendees have time to network with peers, sharing contacts, ideas and strategies.
- The presentations are practical CIO-delivered case studies that showcase pragmatic ideas, effective strategies and innovative solutions for ICT business professionals.
- Strategic Planning
- The State of Play for the Role of the CIO
- Transformation for Business Growth
- IDC's ANZ CIO Annual survey
- What's driving the CIO Agenda?
- The Future of Mobility and Collaboration in the Cloud
- The Convergence of Innovation, IT and Business Strategy
- Discovering Your Leadership Brand: The CIO as Business Strategist
- Performance Management - A double edged sword but more than just a cliché.
When and where?
The CIO Summit will be held at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on 23 August from 8.30am to 5pm.
Register to attend at: https://www.cio.com.au/event_registration/10/cio-summit-2012-brisbane/
Join the CIO Australia group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.
Why change management doesn’t work
Larry Page wants to see your medical records
Dual-Persona Smartphones Not a BYOD Panacea
After two-year hiatus, EFF accepts bitcoin donations again
CIOs struggle to deliver timely mobile business apps: survey
Securing the Promise of Virtualisation
For today’s enterprise, this whitepaper identifies three general areas of risk associated with risk; those that are traditionally areas of risk, the hazards that are exclusive to virtualisation and the more recent set of risks that are associated with newly formed hybrid environments. Read more to find out how to keep pace with evolving threats, quicker provisioning and dynamically mobile workloads.
Choice and Control – Considerations for Developing Enterprise Cloud Strategies
Enterprise-wide cloud implementation can be a challenging process, requiring a thoughtful, strategic approach. In this whitepaper, IBM® shares considerations for developing enterprise cloud strategies. It looks into how the rapid-scale enterprise-class environment can help enable the type of agile infrastructure that aids organisations in quickly meeting the demands of an ever-evolving marketplace, thereby providing true business value. Read now.
New Demands for Real-time Threat Management
Many organisations are evaluating a new security model based upon IT risk management best practices. This is a good idea, but not enough for today’s dynamic and malevolent threat landscape. To keep up with IT changes and external threats, large organisations need to embrace two new security practices: real-time risk management for day-to-day security adjustments and real-time threat management to detect and remediate sophisticated, stealthy, and damaging security breaches (i.e., advanced persistent threats, or APTs). Learn more.