Software developer QSR International named a finalist in Australian round of global business excellence award
- 23 June, 2009 10:30
<p>Melbourne software developer QSR International was today named a finalist for the Second Annual Dell/EXCOM Small Business Excellence Award in Australia. QSR was chosen from a field of 150 businesses and joins nine other Australian companies vying for the technology-focused award.</p>
<p>QSR International CEO John Owen said being named a finalist in the Australian leg of the 2009 Global Dell Small Business Excellence Award recognized the innovative way the company used technology.</p>
<p>"We've grown our business from a start up to the largest privately owned qualitative data analysis software company in the world," he said.</p>
<p>"Our NVivo software is used in every major university in UK-Europe, North America and Australasia, and by government departments and companies in more than 150 countries.</p>
<p>"Our success has been almost entirely attributable to innovation – not only in the way we use technology in our software, but in the way it's factored into every facet of the business – from sales and marketing, to the delivery of support and training. We even use our own software to analyze our customers' feedback when designing and developing new products."</p>
<p>QSR's NVivo software allows users to import and analyze video, audio, images and text side-by-side. Its powerful analysis tools help users to interrogate their data - testing out theories, identifying trends and cross-examining information. Mr. Owen says the software is used in projects addressing some of the world's most pressing issues, including poverty in Africa, honor-killings in Lebanon, defense-related projects in America, and climate adaptability in Australia.</p>
<p>"Our NVivo software is developed end-to-end in Melbourne and comes in English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese Simplified and Japanese versions. However it can be used with data in any language; one of the key drivers behind our 49% global market share," he said.</p>
<p>Today, QSR has regional offices in UK-Europe and North America. However most of its talented staff of just 57 works out of the company's Doncaster office.</p>
<p>"Our size allows us to be flexible and responsive," said Mr. Owen. "We were the first in our industry to achieve Microsoft Gold Partner status, the first to incorporate emerging technologies, and we’re consistently the first to release new functionality and features. We're small, but we're punching well above our weight."</p>
<p>In September 2009 QSR International will find out if it’s the winner of the Second Annual Dell/EXCOM Small Business Excellence Award in Australia. The Australian winner will compete with other national winners from Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States for the 2009 Global Dell Small Business Excellence Award. The title is accompanied by US$50,000 in Dell technology, consulting time with Dell founder, CEO and Chairman Michael Dell, as well as services and benefits from global partners.</p>
<p>Information: www.qsrinternational.com or www.dell.com.au/sbaward</p>
<p>For interviews or photographs, contact Liane Sayer-Roberts phone +61 (0) 427 728 232 or email: email@example.com</p>
<p>Media backgrounder: Quick facts about QSR International</p>
<p>• QSR International has offices in Europe, North America and Australia.
• The company is the world’s largest qualitative research software developer.
• The company is also the first to deliver qualitative research software programs in Japanese and Simplified Chinese.
• QSR’s flagship products – NVivo and XSight – are sold in more than 150 countries.
• More than 400,000 customers use QSR software and more than 500 organizations hold site licenses for its products.
• QSR customers are drawn from the academic, government and commercial sectors and its largest geographic markets are Europe, the United States and Australasia.
• QSR International has patents pending on a range of unique technological inventions.
• QSR is the most published software developer in the qualitative research field - its software is cited in textbooks, research literature, journals and blogs worldwide.
• QSR International is the only developer in its field to earn Microsoft Gold Partner status and ISV competency.
• All QSR software developers are Microsoft Certified Professionals and all software testers have International Software Testing Qualifications Board certifications.
• An early adopter of emerging technology, QSR was amongst the first software developers in the world to utilize .Net and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express. The company was also the first in its field to develop software using Microsoft XP guidelines and to receive Microsoft’s Certified for Vista accreditation.
• QSR won the Information and Communications Technology category at the Governor of Victoria Export Awards in 2008, 2006 and 2001. It was highly commended in the same category in 2004 and 2002. The company was also selected as a finalist in the Applications and Infrastructure Tools category in the 2007 Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) iAwards and its XSight software was selected as a finalist in the 2007 MRS/ASC Technology Effectiveness Awards in the United Kingdom.
• While QSR International was formally established in 1995, the company has its origins in 1981 – when the first software product, NUD*IST, was developed.</p>
- Medibank appoints new CIO
- Shared code in Snowden leaks and NSA breach support hackers' claims
- Driving transformation through continuous delivery and insights
- REA Group adopts cloud-first IT model in its digital transformation push
- Ashley Madison data breach due to inappropriate security measures: joint AU/Canada investigation