We ask three CIOs if they still own, or are accountable for, IT governance at a time when line of business functions are increasing their knowledge and use of technology services.
Working well with people from different cultures is vital in an increasingly connected world, argues Syed Ahmed.
It's one of the hottest IT jobs around but how do you make sure you hire the right data scientist?
As IT and security both play crucial roles in enabling the business, the two roles must learn to keep in step, despite following a different tune.
- Cloud Attacks Are Following Enterprise Workloads
- How to Gauge Employee Satisfaction, One Question at a Time
- 'Silicon Valley' Nails the Bay Area's Tech Culture
- U.S. Smartphone Market Share Numbers for Q1 2014
- Australia’s global tech standing sinks
- 7 Ways to Advance Your Project Management Career
- Healthcare IT Security Brings Challenges, Opportunities, but No Big Surprises
- How Super Retail Group is dealing with digital disruption
- Australian schools go cashless
- In Pictures: 12 tablet accessories that let you ditch your laptop
- BlackBerry Releases BES 10 Security Update to Address 'Heartbleed' Flaw
- Four things you'll love about HTC's One (M8) - and four you won't
- 4 Ways to Use Square in Your Small Business (Or Your Global Business)
- Tenix Solutions avoids paper pileup following print services deal
- 10 ways to become a business consultant
- CIO head-to-head: To own or not to own?
- Federal CIOs Squeezed by Budgets, Executive Buy-in
- Twitter Readies Design Changes As It Unveils New Ad Offerings
- IT Departments Not Losing Ground to Managed Service Providers (Yet)
- 5 New Wireless Technologies for Today's Businesses
- 5 Ways to Get Open Source Software Support
- Analysts Have Mixed Emotions in Bidding Farewell to Windows XP
- Working-at-Home a Win-Win for Employers and Employees
- Meet the Most Profitable PC Company You've Never Heard Of
- Federal CIOs Moving Cybersecurity Beyond Compliance
Agile methodology is moving out of the software development team and becoming a core part of IT and business collaboration.
Australia’s global competitiveness in using technology to improve our economy and support our society has deteriorated over the past 10 years.
Super Retail Group is undergoing big changes as its commitment to the customer extends from its stores to the online world where digital channels dominate the shopping experience.
Commonwealth Bank (CBA) has rolled out mobile payment technology at 17 Australian schools, in a program it claimed is a world first.
From rare gemstone to mass market material for future iPhones, iPads and more?
Android and iOS tablets have come a long way, but for many users they're still not suitable laptop replacements. However, you can change that. These 12 gadgets each help bridge the gap between notebook PC and tablet.
A paper pileup was occurring at Victorian government services provider Tenix Solutions until it introduced a secure printing service in December 2013.
In the first of a series of monthly blogs, Lou Markstrom provides 10 useful tips on how IT pros can gain the consulting skills they need to succeed.
Security and Privacy
There were 1361 confirmed data breaches reported worldwide in the first calendar quarter of 2014, up 119 per cent on the 621 breaches during the same period last year, according to Verizon.
Ellen's Oscar selfie, a very cloudy Sex Tape and a more-bizarre-than usual CES moment.
How 3D printing is transforming the world of medicine.
We ask three CIOs if they still own, or are accountable for, IT governance when line of business functions are increasing their knowledge and use of technology services.
The tech skills shortage continues to bite as employers scramble for the right candidates in numerous high demand areas like software development, infrastructure, and project management, according to the latest Hays Quarterly Hotspots report for April to June.
IT services giant, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), has reported annual global revenue of $13.4 billion for the 12 months ending March 31, up 16.2 per cent year-on-year.
Change management is one of the key skills CIOs need if they’re to help their organisation embrace new ways of working. Divina Paredes speaks with several IT leaders who have headed transformation projects to find out more.
New graphical bells and whistles, plus security improvements
Sign up now »
CIO Executive Council’s Big 6 document outlines in one place all the above IT Value and Leadership frameworks.
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also ...
"Useless gimmicky features are a pain at the best of times but ..."
Four things you'll love about HTC's One (M8) - and four you won't
"star replica handbags is the intelligent choice for the modern woman of ..."
Ruggedized scientific calculator perfect for extreme math
"I don't wanna be an american idiot! ONe nation controlled by the ..."
How to Switch From iPhone 5S to BlackBerry Z30 (and Why)
"I just switched from an iPhone to a BB Z30 and couldn't ..."
How to Switch From iPhone 5S to BlackBerry Z30 (and Why)
"thanks for your valuable posting, it was very informative i am working ..."
CIOs to Become In-House Brokers -- and That's a Good Thing
- Telstra signs broadband security deal with Mako Networks
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- Fewer college students use tablets; may be a sign device doesn't boost productivity
- Go time traveling with Google Maps
- It's now possible to wirelessly charge 40 smartphones from 16 feet away
- Google will push mobile app installs in search and YouTube
- Salesforce at 15: Industry disruptor wards off midlife crisis
- Branded comments and shares a growing part of the social engagement mix for marketers
- 8 things we learnt about big data analytics from the Adobe Summit
- AdRoll secures US$70 million to ramp up retargeting platform development