Discover your level of Cyber Resilience
National Library of Australia sees a digital future where 3 petabytes of content is being accessed online and through mobile devices
Most of Oracle's cloud competitors "don't have a platform at all," claimed Oracle chairman Larry Ellison
A poorly configured SAN was stifling innovation at Montefiore until an equipment and data overhaul was enacted, reports Hamish Barwick
CIO toured Silicon Valley's Computer History Museum, built in 1996 in the heart of Silicon Valley in Mountain View, California.
- Federal government fast-track mobile services
- In pictures: Oracle takes over San Francisco
- 'Cloud gives me a little bit of a headache,' says Xerox CIO
- Private Health Insurance Exchanges Poised for 'Hypergrowth'
- How Live Tweeting Is Changing Broadcast Media
- Apple's 'Health' App Is Like 'Passbook' for Fitness Data
- In-Flight Phone Calls Could Spark High-Altitude Brawls
- Commonwealth Bank seeks data scientist
- Queensland Rail selects Tait for digital migration of its radio communications network
- Macquarie University takes gamification to new level
- Lockheed Martin to open $8m Melbourne ICT engineering centre
- Inside the Secret Clash of CIOs and CMOs
- Apple (Mostly) Not To Blame In iPhone 6 Plus 'Bendgate' Fiasco
- Intel Encourages Women to Pursue Cloud Training
- Online Daters Looking for Love In All the Wrong Places
- How Social Media Can Influence High-Stakes Business Decisions
- New Role for CIOs: Governance for Data Analytics
- Open Internet Central to U.S. Trade Policy
- Progressive Insurance Uses Data Analytics to Fine-Tune Ad Strategy
- Internet of Things Prompts IT to Borrow Startup Strategy
- Hybrid Cloud Is Hotel Hero
- Social Media Rehab for CIOs
- Data Breaches Rise as Cybercriminals Continue to Outwit IT
- CEO Says Big Data Drives Towing Business Forward
- Is the World as Flat as We Think?
New Worlds simulation game to be trialled with postgraduate students in first semester of 2015
The Australian government’s roadmap for mobile services has received a boost with the creation of a “whole-of-government” panel of solutions providers. This panel meets an escalating demand for mobile products as agencies ramp up anywhere, anytime service delivery.
Eftpos has switched on new centralised payments infrastructure that is meant to speed up the rollout of products including Eftpos online and mobile payments.
Microsoft is promising customers who upgrade to the Windows 10 operating system (OS) a number of security features including the creation of secure user IDs and containerisation of business data.
Forbes’ annual list of the 400 Wealthiest Americans is out and techies make a strong showing yet again.
Oracle's annual OpenWorld talkfest is happening this week in San Francisco. Around 60,000 attendees heard about the computing giant's cloud strategy as well as swag of new infrastructure and software products.
Xerox's global CIO, Stephen Little, says the cloud infrastructure model gives him a "little bit of a headache" due to the complexity of the organisation's worldwide IT environment and sheer number of integrated systems.
Staffing & Retention
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) is seeking to recruit a lead data scientist to provide insights for its Customer Engagement and Decision Science (CE&DS) team.
Security and Privacy
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim is urging government agencies and businesses to protect their IT systems against the Bourne Again Shell (Bash) vulnerability.
Largest rail network in Australia is upgrading systems across 50 sites.
Macquarie University is developing a simulation game for postgraduate students studying biodiversity, where they will learn to explore, survey and publish data on a virtual world, using tools and skills they would employ while undertaking fieldwork in the real world.
Lockheed Martin Australia (LHA) has announced plans to open an Asia Pacific ICT engineering centre in Melbourne, which will lead to the creation of 150 jobs over the next five years.
Oracle is giving its entry into the platform-as-a-service market (PaaS) an injection of new services in hopes of differentiating it from the likes of Windows Azure and Salesforce.com's Salesforce1.
Oracle chairman and CTO Larry Ellison claims that the computing giant is the only cloud vendor on "planet Earth" that allows organisations to use its platform to extend their software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications.
IT services firm, The Frame Group, has been awarded a three-year facilities management contract with Melbourne Airport.
The National Roads & Motorists’ Association (NRMA) is the latest large organisation to engage with Australian startups, launching an accelerator program called Jumpstart.
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Security experts scrambling on Shellshock vulnerability as exploits begin
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
- Ex-NSA director Alexander calls for new cybersecurity model
- Eric Holder says 'worrisome' tech companies are eyeing encryption
- Marketo launches digital marketing research institute; agency partner program
- How CMOs can make big data relevant to the sales team
- CPA Australia outlines 7-step personalisation strategy for digital engagement
- Australian social ad spend to hit $706.3m in five years: Forrester
- Digital advertising dominates in first half of 2014: report