Organisations commonly mistake the following 10 assertions as evidence of adequate security
It’s been almost four years since business owners Carl Woerndle and his brother Alex were caught up in a cyber attack so damaging it destroyed their once prospering technology business, Distribute.IT.
More than 2,700 global staff to benefit from enterprise content management system – with investments in digital technology.
Researchers at RMIT University have developed a drone equipped with technology that allows it to communicate with an air traffic controller if it loses connection with a remote pilot on the ground.
Australian Federal Police assistant commissioner, Tim Morris, has moved to allay fears the government’s metadata reforms will involve around-the-clock surveillance of citizens.
- How to do an effective job handover
- In pictures: Tableau on Tour Melbourne
- 11 Tips for Improving Your Company's Customer Support
- IT Leadership: Signs You're a Micromanager (And How to Stop)
- Mobile apps drive WA’s search for minerals
- Case study: When a hacker destroys your business
- Google, Stanford use machine learning on 37.8m data points for drug discovery
- How Amaysim used analytics to engage management
- Western Australia unlocks potential of open data
- Updated: Netflix to flick the switch on March 24
- Top ten security myths
- Can You Reclaim Your Email With Microsoft Office Graph Tools?
- Hands On With the New Samsung Galaxy S6, GS6 edge
- Galaxy S 6 Designer Says GS6 Phones Are 'New Face of Samsung'
- Machine learning used to predict clinical response to anti-cancer drugs
- Internet not designed for security, warns international expert
- Australia lags behind on ICT innovation: NICTA
- Myer IT chief Richard Umbers promoted to CEO
- 7 Common Mistakes Job Seekers Make on LinkedIn
- Is Your Security Software Sitting Unused on the Shelf?
- CIOs Share Lessons Learned From the Journey to the Cloud
- RMIT drone can think like an airline pilot
- Cochlear refines digital roadmap
- Social media essentials: what works and why
- Gosford City Council abandons dark fibre plans
CIOs often spend years on transformational projects, and then a new executive comes along and quickly drops the ball. A thorough handover process can help prevent all the hard work from coming undone, but only when done right.
Tableau's annual conference came to Melbourne this year. Delegates heard insights from technology futurist Chris Riddell and Tableau CMO Elissa Fink.
Edward Snowden, the former U.S. National Security Agency contractor who leaked details of the agency's surveillance programs, is willing to return to the U.S. and face criminal charges, if he's assured of a fair trial, according to a Russian news report.
In this review, we looked at two types of business-class tablets, traditional tablets used by the sales force or other front-office workers, and ruggedised devices that can be used on the factory floor or other back-office environments.
The cultural aspect to achieving digital agility should not be underestimated, and IT and marketing teams need to work together to convince their boards that moving to agile development processes will positively impact their businesses.
Intel has done well in PCs and tablets, but success in smartphones has eluded the chip maker for years. Cracking the challenging market is the next big task for Intel CEO Brian Krzanich , who is chasing an aggressive strategy to get its mobile processors into more handsets.
Telstra has signed an agreement to resell Presto’s subscription video-on-demand service to its customers.
Western Australia is refining its search for minerals and resources using mapping and tracking technology that is tailored for smartphones and mobile devices.
A new co-working space in Sydney hopes to bring together financial tech startups into 1230 square metres of collaborative office space.
Co-founder of the now-defunct Distribute.IT, Carl Woerndle, gives a warts and all account of the cyber attack so damaging it destroyed his once prospering technology business.
Researchers from Google and Stanford University have used machine learning methods – deep learning and multitask networks – to discover effective drug treatments for a variety of diseases.
Mobile provider Amaysim needed to develop a business intelligence (BI) strategy but didn’t want to subject its management team to static PowerPoint presentations about BI.
Western Australia is finalising the blueprint for open government, together with a focus on being “open by default” and streamlining access to untapped data and services.
Netflix will begin offering subscription movie and TV services from all major broadband operators in Australia and New Zealand on March 24.
Launched in February 2012 Raspberry Pi has sold more than 5 million units
A look at some of the coolest bits of Chrome experimentation out there, in honor of Google’s 1000th Chrome experiment being published this week.
- The visible expert: How to create industry stars, and why every CMO should care
- Twitter CFO floats idea of newspaper-like 'daily edition'
- Changing culture key to achieving digital agility
- OpenText CMO: Role of marketing technologist will be short lived
- Adshel to deploy beacon technology across outdoor advertising panels nationally